Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
experience with Got2Bglued
03-01-2009, 11:27 AM,
experience with Got2Bglued
Over the past few days, I have experimented a bit with the Got2B products on my all Swiss lace full cap. Very interesting stuff...I have the blasting freeze spray and the spiking glue. The spiking glue seems much weaker than the spray and is therefore less useful to me. The spray, on the other hand, has been effective. I usually have a heck of a time getting the nape to stay down, even when I use ultrahold in that area. From reading widely about full caps on various forums and websites, the nape seems to give most full cap wearers the biggest problem. That's certainly been my experience. But where Ultrahold didn't work too well for me, the blasting freeze spray has worked a little better. It makes for a very fast and easy touch up. I can spray a little on my fingertip, stick the finger under the nape area of the unit and in literally 10 seconds have a solid hold again--certainly for the rest of the day. As fast as the touchup is, I don't mind touching up daily. Up until recently, I had to use the ultrahold to touch up and this would take several minutes. And there are no glue boogers with the spray. Today for the first time I tried a full attachment with the spray with the expectation that I will be satisfied to get a 24 hour hold. It was a much quicker process than using ultrahold. And the finished look, in my opinion, is better than with either white glue or UH. There is a better "hair growing out of scalp" effect. I know there is going to be a major downside to this product, but I have yet to experience it. Cleanup? Sudden lace lift? I should know within a week. Oh there is one downside---with a full cap and so much surface to bond, you have to work very very quickly because the spray dries superfast. When I applied today, I had to add spray twice because it was dry by the time I got to part of the perimeter.
03-01-2009, 12:32 PM,
Re: experience with Got2Bglued
Very nice.Now you know why I like it also.The best part is cleanup,because there is none!Keep us posted
on updates.A new trick I learned is add a few drops of NextGen into my mix,very good.
03-01-2009, 03:58 PM,
I found another use for the Spiking glue.I put a small amount in a spray bottle with water and shake it.It works as a hair spray.Holding power can be adjusted by adding more or less spiking glue.
03-01-2009, 07:07 PM,
I used to feel the same way when i first tried the spiking glue. But after some trial and error, I find the spiking glue better then the freeze spray. Anyone agree with me who uses both? The spiking glue works a little different, It drys slower then the spray. The spray drys very fast and u can feel the bond stronger faster. But once the spiking glue drys completely while the unit is on tight, it seems to give a stronger hold then the spray.

Meandean sorry if i asked u this already.. The next generation glue is cleaner then basebond or the coolpiece glue?
03-02-2009, 04:58 AM,
I was one of the first users on this board of Got2B. I like the spiking glue for my all lace and also for my lace front. I find that a thin layer of spiking glue works much better than a thicker one. It also dries solid and stays on the scalp rather than the lace when i remove it.
Freeze spray i use for touch up when i get a little lift or some puckering of the lace at the front hairline. I spray a Qtip and use that to do the touch up. I also like that you can get this stuff at any drugstore or super market, so you are always safe in an emergency or an unexpected overnight stay.
I remove my piece daily but I never worry about the piece being secure in the windiest conditions. Although I remove daily I have gotten a four day hold with this stuff. I don't even buy alcohol for clean up any more.
-ANDREW (NEVER ANDY)
03-02-2009, 05:31 AM,
So what you guys are sying is use use a styling product as an adhesive? Does it really work? can you really get good adhesion??

Thanks!!
03-02-2009, 05:57 AM,
Neverandy...You seem to be very knowledgable about this stuff..so with the spiking glue, how long do you let it sit on your scalp before you press the lace into the glue? Also, what do you find is the best way to remove the lace unit that is attached to your head with this product? Alcohol? Water? Have you had issues with buildup of product on the lace or the hairpiece hair? If so, what is the best way to deal with that?
03-02-2009, 03:18 PM,
For me warm water removes it easily, and i have not had any build up issues as long as u clean it good, SHould dissolve just running it through warm water for a couple of minutes. add a little shampoo to that it comes off. Plus when the stuff drys completely it doesnt remain sticky or tacky like glue. So it doesnt collect/attract dust and dirt like liquid glue does

regards
03-02-2009, 03:19 PM,
neverandy do you ever mix the freeze spray and spiking glue together? someone else on this thread said they did, hopefully that wasnt u t hen i look stupid haha.
03-02-2009, 11:56 PM,
Friends,

I dont understand how you can use a styling product as an adhesive, can you shead some light on that?