Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo cutter
03-02-2009, 06:21 AM,
Robo cutter
I have read about this Robo-cutter thingy on some of the forums. Is this something that actually works and can give a good cut? I saw Michigan Baldy's video and for a flattop type cut, is seemed to work fine, what about more fo a medium lenght hair, aroud 3 or 4 inches? How would the belend turn out? (I gusess you woule have to do that part by hand? I am facinated with the possibility of cutting my own hair!
03-02-2009, 09:05 AM,
Re: Robo cutter
Hi Hair again Ive just bought one and it came the other day. I havnt used it yet as Im building up the bottle to go ahead with wearing, but I can tell you it comes with taper adapters that should give you the taper in the cut. Im hoping to use it within the next week or so and will post up pics to show how well it works (if it does LOL)

Buy the way have you started wearing yourself yet? as in one of your last posts you said you wear gonna post up some pics and I would be interested in seeing them

Cheers
03-02-2009, 11:35 AM,
7thson.

I have worn hair for a while, I have not ordered from Toplace but sent my info to John to get my first order right.

I had no Idea that you could order hair this way, they make is seem so technical and mysterious and I did figure out that it was not all that. I was always unhappy with the results from a hair salon. I ALWAYS had to "fix" my hair when I went home and because of that I learned how to handle it, how to trim a cut that was not right, how to pluck the hairline. I thought there was somenting wrong with me because they all said how "GREAT" I looked after an appointment. I thought I looked like a Jack-ass.....

Since I have been reading this forum, I learned and actually did highlight and then bleach the knots and I can,t believe how much better this hair looks. I got a lot of the products recomended from this forum and now the hair looks newer, softer and just a lot fresher. WHY can't people that do this for a living get this stuff on their program???? I want to be free of anybody doing anything. I know what looks best for me. I know what problems I have had in the past and I know now that I can fix them. All a person has to do is spend some time on this forum and everything that was not working out, Dryness, bad bonding, fading, visible knots, one color helmet head, can be fixed and apparently we are better at it then the professionals. If Robocut works, I want it. I want to be free. I asked my salon if they cut in a hair piece from somewhere else and they said it would be $100. That SUCKS!!!! I know how to cut in the base, done it for years, I know how to attach it well, done it for years, I have cut my own hair, but never a piece because they are so freaking expensive. If this robocut can give a good overall cut and then I can go in with thining shears from Debbie and tweak it, then I am doing it.

I am tryng to find out if you can get a medium length cut, about 4"on top and 3 inches down the back, tapered on the sides and nape using this hair cutter. PLEASE let me know my friends. I want to be free from the high priced, poor quality places I have thought I was stuck with.
03-02-2009, 11:43 AM,
I purchased the Flowbee and I am amazed at how good this thing works. I only used in on my real hair since I have not needed a cut in since I purchased. Now that my real haircut is taken care of I need to send my new unit to Debbie for a cut in an I too will be totally free of the club or stylist.
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM,
I have the Flowbee and I love it. I think it works more like a stylist would do pulling up the hair between 2 fingers. Never seen a stylist pull up hair in circles like the Robocut does. Big Grin

From what I have read the only advantage of the Robocut is that it is able to cut hair shorter than the Flowbee.

Just my 2 cents Wink
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM,
I just had my 2nd robocut crap out on me, both of them lasted about a year and a half.

If you search the old forum, plenty of others have had them crap out on them also.

I'm trying a flowbee next, these robos are not made to last

- AG
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM,
AG, how many units have you cut in with your Robocutter in the last year and a half? If it's the usual 6-8, that is not a lot of usage at all... I would call and complain to the company.
03-03-2009, 04:54 AM,
Hi HairE

have you cut your systems with the robocut? How did they turn out got any pics you could post???
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM,
many people use the robo, check out all MichiganBaldy's pics

Best thing about the robo breaking down on me was that I started to do the whole
thing by hand. It was scary at first. But I quickly realized that I know the proper length
of my hair all around my head by feel. I kinda knew that already though.

I'm very careful, I know that one bad cut and I'm in trouble. I go a bit conservative, but
even that has lessened over time, because I don't make bad cuts.

Use the robo or flowbee for a while, get good at it, then get good at touching up yourself.
Start to use the robo/flowbee leaving the hair slightly longer, and touch up yourself, feeling
around. Eventually you'll know the right length all around by feel. It's not so scary once
you do it once, you're hooked. Start slow, do the tips only, slowly, slowly, let the length
come down slowly. Then you're basically at a robo+ cut (like doing with robo plus leaving
a little length). Then you know you have it.

Again, the robo is poorly made IMO, may be better to get a flowbee.

- AG
03-05-2009, 02:02 AM,
That's weird AG...

I got a Robocut over 5 years ago and it's still working perfectly Smile

I haven't been to ANY kind of hairstylist for 5 years... I think that's a good record.

In that time I've needed to replace the gearbox in the Robo twice, but Robocut makers sent them out free, and it was an easy thing to fix, so no complaints there.

They get great results and I've never been disappointed with a haircut yet...

Highly recommended.