Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Issues
03-02-2009, 01:48 PM,
Base Issues
After doing A LOT of research on the old forum, I narrowed it down a great deal. I still have just a few questions if you don't mind:
1)Is there a particular piece that is recommended for a newbie to start out with?
2)Does the injected hair look more natural and better flow?

I've decided that I want freestyle, combed-down. I love the idea of I-Lace because they say it flows so naturally and looks great, but there are so many issues with the edges, hairline and seal that it doesn't seem like a good one for me to start out with initially.

I was drawn to the TL400 PSB for easy maintenance, but it sounds like the piece will show too much on the hairline...I'll be covering the forehead with comb-down hair but I still want to be safe. Do you think the edge shows enough to be noticed? The TL700 seems to solve that problem, but it only lasts 2 months apparently.

So that leaves me with a TL250 French lace, but I really want to try using tape all around. That might be hard for the front part since there is no poly along the hairline.

So I guess I'm somewhere between TL250 for undetectability and TL400 PSB for maintenance. Any suggestions for a Newbie?
Thanks a million!!
03-02-2009, 08:05 PM,
Re: Base Issues
Go with the TL250. Its not hard to apply tape to the lace at all. I think that piece would be the best for a beginner. It has good durability, ease of use and still looks really good.
03-03-2009, 12:57 PM,
Re: Base Issues
Depp Wrote:Go with the TL250. Its not hard to apply tape to the lace at all. I think that piece would be the best for a beginner. It has good durability, ease of use and still looks really good.

Yeah, I think I'm leaning toward the TL250. If applying/detaching the tape is a struggle then I may as well start practicing sooner rather than later.