Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on ST-30?
03-03-2009, 10:17 AM,
Any update on ST-30?
Just wondering if there is any known date for when ST-30 will be stocked again. I just did an attachment and might have enough for one more, so I guess I might have to result to supertape. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
03-04-2009, 02:14 AM,
Re: Any update on ST-30?
It is in the works. I cannot give an exact date as I don't have one yet...but I can tell you that the original st-30 is at a new manufacturer and is being worked on as we speak.
03-04-2009, 03:00 AM,
There is along line waiting for the st-30. It feels like Black Friday!!!

I got Super Tape and although pretty good it is NOT ST-30. Subtle differances make it stronger, and less likely to crinkle. Super tape would be a good temporary solution with ST-30 not available but get the ST-30 when it is back in stock.

Debbie, what do you think of the Robocut? Is it something that if you have some skill but never used it before, do you think screwing up is avoidable?
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM,
I think the robocut is good. as long as you put the guards on, you really cannot make a mistake. just err on the side of caution and start with a longer guard, and keep going shorter. I think its a good product...your cut may need some final touches with some blending shears etc, but thats easily done. good luck with it, let me know how it goes.
DebbieS.
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM,
Thank you Debbie, I wish there was a hair cutter close to me that I was comfortable with. I have had many bad cuts that as you know, wont grow out. My last cut was on a brand new hair piece that I got last week. I wear my hair in a conservative off-center part, swept back off my face, with a little hairline showing. A medium length that I feel is age appropriate, and I like it that way as well. They cut it at least 1 1/2 inchest to SHORT!!! I am too old to wear a trendy Pee-Wee Herman style crew cut that I think looks great on a man in his 20's and early 30's. I am not at that stage of my life, I don't follow trends, classic is best too me. Having the option of cutting my hair myslelf and blending with the thinning shears I already purchased from you would make my life so much easier. I have my order in with John and look forward to getting it. I have spent my last hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a hair piece that has beeen butchered. I hope to God I have finally found an answer to the bad haircuts, thich hair pieces, heavy hairlines, sloppy EVERYTHING, and they ALWAYS say, "You look great!" and I know I looked stupid and pathetic.....
03-05-2009, 02:32 AM,
I wish there was someone close to you as well, that you could trust. if you are not comfortable with the robocut, you can always send the hairpiece to me for the "basic" cut-in, and then tweak it with blending shears once you get it one. not the perfect scenario...but an option if you need it.
DebbieS.
03-05-2009, 03:08 AM,
Thanks Debbie,

What is the secret to a good blend in the back? That is my biggest concern. I think for the way I wear my hair, the rest should not be a problem. I posted my style on the "Robocut" post, with the measuments yada yada, I go with some grey too. I am a middle-aged man (GOD I hate saying that!) and have always worn my hair, even when it was ALL mine in some version of that style, geled and harsh when young (remeber the 80's!) and now smoother and more conservative now.....

Thanks again, your a Sweatheart...
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM,
I use the supertape contours. It is a good tape, very easy cleanup, but my big problem with it, I keep getting a rash when i use it. Like a red line at the tape edges and small lil pimple type bumps. must be something reacting on me.
03-06-2009, 09:03 AM,
bump to Debbie
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM,
Hairagain;
the KEY to a good blend is #1, the color has to match. another mistake I see people make is that some will look great when they first get thier piece cut-in...but then their own hair grows out so that it is longer than the hair piece hair, this will give the appearance of a hairpiece just sitting on top of ones head. your own hair MUST be shorter than the piece hair to achieve a good blend.
one other thing, is to properly use the blending shears. to do this, just cut at the very ends of the hair piece hair where it meets your own hair.......I demonstrate this at conventions because it is crucial to getting the hair to LAY INTO your hair...and not sit on top of it.
I hope this helps.
DebbieS.