Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I wear without my family knowing?
03-06-2009, 11:19 PM,
Re: Can I wear without my family knowing?
Hairagain: I can see where you're coming from, but honestly, I've tried so many times to tell them. it never works and I always end up wishing I hadn't said anything in the first place. They always say, "Stop being so stupid, your hair looks fine" or "Your hair looks the same as it always did" or something like that. But I know my hair is nowhere near the same as it was. I think it's time to give up trying to convince them and just take matters into my own hands.

Mr Burns: Thanks for the advice, and yeah I do have my own room so it should be fairly easy to do what you suggested.

Jake: I'm in Australia. And I definitely need a full cap because my hair is thinning out severely all over my head. It's not just in a particular area, it's literally all over, and there is no clear pattern to it. So anything less than a full cap would be useless to me.

Sester & DebbieS: The only reason it's not obvious to my parents that my hair is thinning is because I have to put huge amounts of paste and hair spray in there every morning just to make it look halfway decent. I wear concealer a lot of the time too. I honestly think that what I have to do with my hair now is just as difficult as what I would have to do while wearing a piece, and a piece would look and feel so much better. As far as my parents not understanding how it's affecting me, well that sounds about right. I'm sure if they could even begin to understand what I'm going through, they would help me straight away. But they won't listen, I've already tried so many times to explain to them. They just don't get it. I'm old enough to make my own decisions so if they're not going to help me do something about it then I'll just have to do it by myself.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can I wear without my family knowing? - Sean - 03-06-2009, 11:19 PM