Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color Questions
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM,
Color Questions
I am waiting for my order with toplace but for now, I have a unit on that the color and my own hair is a bit off. The Unit has red tones, and my hair has more gold tones. I ordered ADF color blender, but will be here in a few days, to a week. My toplace unit will be several weeks out.

If I dye my hair, I know the unit takes color faster than natural hair so if i color my back first then add colot to the unit, will I get a uniform color on my head? I don't fully understand coloring. If I color my hair and the unis and they are slightly different, but using the same color dye, will they come out the same? wont the differance in each set of hair make a differance?

Almost every unit I have had has been a bit off color, close but a bit off. How does one overcome this? I read here that a lof of people color this and that, but wont the colors vary with that fact that the piece and you own hair are not exactly the same? What about the other fact that your hair and your piece dye at different rates?

Can some of you guys who have done this help me

I am confussed............
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM,
Re: Color Questions
I wish there was an easy answer to this for you....but the fact is, each hairpiece is individual and will take color differently, not only from your own hair, but from the hairpiece you had last time. Smile
to be safe, apply the colorant to a comb and comb it through a small area, let it process and make sure its the color you want. if it is, then proceed with combing it through the rest of the unit or your own hair or both.
hope this helps. a lot of this is trial and error unfortunately...that is why its best to do a test area first.
DebbieS.
03-06-2009, 03:12 PM,
Re: Color Questions
Thank you Debbie,

I just finished dyeing my hair light medim brown and then the unit the same but I comed it through and left in in a shorter color than my own hair. I have to say, they do match well but I seem to have a more medium dark brown, which is fine for now, it will tone down after a few washings. That is the trial and error you were talking about! next time, just a light brown.. I just needed to balance out the two colors to one till the new one gets here!

I sure hope the ADF blender works like I hear it does, it will be easier to sondition it in one a week to slow down the fade and miss-match color.