Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Ring Numbers and letters?
03-06-2009, 06:12 PM,
Colour Ring Numbers and letters?
(1) What does 'R' mean? ( e.g. 10R)

(2) What does a 'RD' mean ? (e.g. 6RD)

I know the last 2 digits are percentage of grey hair ...for example I assume 1710 would be colour 17 + 10 percent grey (correct?) However ....

(3) Is colour 7 related to 17 or 8 related to 18? Or are these just 4 different shades with no connection?

(4) 17 and 18 look the same to me ....what is supposed to be the difference? .... . do I need an eye test? :geek: Smile

Thanks for any replies .. might help me finalize decision.
03-07-2009, 10:44 PM,
Re: Colour Ring Numbers and letters?
Air Peace...those are good questions...and I can't believe somebody who knows didn't respond to the technical aspects of the color ring...you are correct about the other numbers concerning the grey ratio... however I don't have a clue what R and RD mean is it red or what??...and we all should be able to answer that question> Maybe John/Debbie or BA can give us this important info for newbies. Cheers
03-08-2009, 02:15 AM,
I was just kinda curious, possibly not important if the colour matches hair ...

I suppose it is better to send hair samples.... but the problem is I am out of hair samples for the front and my eyebrows are lighter than my sides and back ....

What do you folks do? Do you choose a front colour that is midway between both? Or match the eyebrows? If I match the eyebrows I think it won't match the sides.

Thanks.
03-08-2009, 03:50 AM,
Air Peace,
On the New Image color ring the R stands for red. The hair will have some red color to it. As far as the RD goes there is only only number with that designation---6RD. I'm waiting for a response from the factory on that. There is no connection between 7 and 17 just different colors. 17 and 18 look very close and it's difficult to tell any difference when you look at them---that's why the factory wants you to send in a hair sample. The difference is so slight that it needs a trained eye to detect the difference. Bottom line: send in a hair sample and let the factory match the color.
Regards,
John
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM,
please also keep in mind that many factories use different color rings. so if you are looking at a color ring for revlon colorant, it will not coincide with any color numbers for hairpieces. same with clairol color rings etc.
Make sure you are using the same color ring of the company you are ordering from or the info is useless.
DebbieS.