Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about showering with a hair piece
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM,
Question about showering with a hair piece
Hi,

I had a question about showering with a piece on.

I shower each day.

Was wondering which is the best way to go about showering with a piece on ??

I was thinking of getting a piece which is 10" inches or so long. Was wondering which is the best way to shampoo the sides and back without damaging the hair piece ?

Does the tape loosen once showering ?

Is it better to use glue if you shower regularly ?

thanks

D
04-06-2010, 01:45 AM,
Re: Question about showering with a hair piece
Why in the world do you want to shampoo your hair piece every day ?
Shampooing is one of the quickest ways to fade the color.
Are you rolling your head around in axle grease at work ?

I rarely, if ever (after the initial shampoo), shampoo mine and I regularly get 10+ months (frence lace)
out of a unit with very little color fade.

As far a glue or tape loosening in the water, it depends on which glues and tapes you're using

Smile
Fred
04-06-2010, 05:39 AM,
Hi ..

sorry i meant i would be washing my natural hair each day on the sides and back ... not my hair piece. I would only wash my hair piece once a week on a sunday.

But i like to shower each day. I enjoy being clean.

So i was wondering how i would go about still showering each day without ruining my hair piece.

I did not want to wash my hair piece each day. Only once a week.

Was just wondering how i would go about still washing my natural hair each day and not my hair piece.

i hope that makes sense ?

so how would i go about it ?.. Was wondering how experienced hair wearers go about this.

Is it ok to wet the hair piece under the shower but only shampoo the natural hair on my sides and back of head ? but not shampoo the piece itself ?

Does anyone wear a long hair piece on this forum ? 10" or more in length ? .. Was wondering the best way to care for etc a long hair piece.

thank you

D
04-07-2010, 01:15 AM,
Hi Steak,
I wet and shower only my own hair daily and my hair system about once a week. When I shampoo my own hair I try to get as little shampoo and water on the hair piece as possible---it's impossible not to get some shampoo on it but I do the best I can. 'Back2Natural' color blender and conditioner from adfhair.com comes in handy if a color issue comes up. This works fine for me.
Regards,
John
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM,
I don't see how people can go so long without shampooing their hair. I do it at least once per week. Doesn't it start to smell if you don't?