Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing my experience
03-11-2009, 03:11 AM,
Sharing my experience
I have posted here a few times and wanted to share a recent experience with you all..

A good friend of mine recommended that I try a new adhesive. I admit, I am VERY apprehensive to change my "methods of madness" with regards to my hair, but he insisted I try it at least once.

The adhesive is Perfectors and I ordered a small bottle online and decided to give it a go when it came in the mail. I have but one word to say about this stuff.. WOW!! It is AMAZING.. I am currently on a three week bond with an all lace system and still going strong.. Touch-ups in the front are a breeze as well. Clean up is almost nothing. This seriously had to be the easiest stuff I have yet to see for clean up..

I know three weeks is a bit long for most folks, but I think I have found my solution (that works for me). I wash my hair with head and hsoulders shampoo (yes I know some bad stuff in there) and then condition with Aussie 3 minute miracle combined with antoher conditioner that comes in a small blue tube (loreal I think). Then I use a silicon based liquid that is all natural (very similar to JRobs stuff - which TW is GREAT and I will be ordering some). This keeps my scalp clean, hair soft and soft can be and me happy as heck!!

I have learned SO MANY tricks of the trade here and thank you all for that... Hair wearing is made to seem so complex, but it is not that at all.. I go to a regular salon now, order my own hair, my own supplies, detach - clean - reattach all by myself.. Not rocket science, but I learned the ropes and most importantly WHAT NOT TO DO..

Great site..
03-11-2009, 03:47 AM,
Re: Sharing my experience
How do you remove and clean using the Perfectors? I have never used glue thinking the mess of a cleanup and would it hold during physical activites like tape. Would you dare swim underwater or jetski using this attachment?
03-11-2009, 04:29 AM,
Where do you buy it?

I agree that this site showed me how to fix the problems I have had for years. I have always complained that the hair is dry, the color gets off, the density is off, the roots are visible, and so on.....and I always felt like there was somehting worng with me for never being satisfied. I have learned how to EASILY fix any of this, by myself, and I am wearing a unit that is 5-6 months old, till my TOPLACE comes in. My hair looks the BEST it has ever looked right now because I fixed all that was off about it. I am very happy and pissed at the same time. Happy that it was all easy to fix (BY ME!)and pissed that people that do this for a living don't know or just don't care about fixing these problems.
03-11-2009, 08:59 AM,
Hey!

Please shed some light on how you fixed the color being off and roots being visible??
03-11-2009, 09:28 AM,
kevinwholder Wrote:.I know three weeks is a bit long for most folks, but I think I have found my solution (that works for me). I wash my hair with head and hsoulders shampoo (yes I know some bad stuff in there) and then condition with Aussie 3 minute miracle combined with antoher conditioner that comes in a small blue tube (loreal I think). Then I use a silicon based liquid that is all natural (very similar to JRobs stuff - which TW is GREAT and I will be ordering some). This keeps my scalp clean, hair soft and soft can be and me happy as heck!!

Wow....head and shoulders....i would think that would kill the hair, but who knows??

Glad the silicone based products are working for you. Dimethicone/dimethiconol are the ONLY ingredients that truly protect the hair and lock in moisture. I forgot to add serum to the hair when I washed it last week and halfway through the week the hair started to feel like straw. I REMEMBERED last night when I washed it and today this three month old full cap feels like new....just like it did the day I got it.
03-11-2009, 09:36 AM,
Debbie has a website, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- m -->, there are some usefull products. I purchased the knot bleaching stuff and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! Be careful to just coat the underside of the unit, and don't force the stuff throught the lace, you only want ot bleach the unit uderside, not the hair shaft. It made my system look very natural, they way it is SUPPOSED to look. I have dyed my unit carfully, along with my own hair. One thing to note, I dyed my hair first, a color almost identical to my own hair and then the unit the same, just did NOT leave it on very long. The hair system takes color FASTER. By dyyeing your hair and the unit, the color should be a good match
If you dont want to do this, I have used ADF, a type of conditioner that will balance your color out. I strongly suggest you do this before dying your hair. It's very easy to do, just put in on the hair, keepinf it away from the base, i may stain the base and comb it through. I works BEAUTIFULLY, I actually did it thins morning and the color balance of my hair and the hairpice is great. I learned all this from reading and doing searches on this forum.

I think that hair clubs want your units to wear out and fade so you will buy a new one. You can make them look way better on your own and last a lot longer.
03-14-2009, 09:15 AM,
kevinwholder, very interested in u're post because u use head & shoulders. i get a bit of scalp itch & h&s keeps it at bay. one of the reasons i havent yet started wearing hair is cos i thought i'd have to give up h&s.

just a couple of questions - how often do u use h&s and how long do u're units last even tho u're using h&s?