Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Weeks of Beach/Pool/Sun - what do I need?
03-11-2009, 04:42 AM,
2 Weeks of Beach/Pool/Sun - what do I need?
I'm away in less than a month to the Carribbean, got my all lace piece adjustment cut-ins done.I like the wet look comb down/crew cut style and want to know how to survive daily beach/pool/water park/boating & intense sun without losing my rug or frying it?

ALSO:

My sparse side/temples look good with some cosmetic enhancement - what can I use to color the skin under the hair that's waterproof? I used some finger blended eyebrow pencil for the effect currently.
03-11-2009, 09:09 AM,
Re: 2 Weeks of Beach/Pool/Sun - what do I need?
You have some of the BlueMax CCS, right? If not email me, I have a few samples laying around and I will send you some.

The key is sunscreen. That's why I am asking, as one of the primary ingredients is an organic sunscreen. It will also help to seal the cuticle and prevent the chlorine and salt water from damaging the hair.

For fade protection there are other products out there that contain sunscreen agents, but I would question whether or not they use a decent concentration, as they very expensive ingredients.

The other alternative is to use actual sunscreen like you would use on your skin. Never tried it myself, but I think Reubin or one of the other guys does this and says it works. I have tried various skin creams and such and they didn't leave the hair looking very good, but I'm sure anything with a decent amount of sunscreen would protect the hair.

For concealer, the only one that I have personally used is Dermmatch which seems to hold up fairly well in water. From what I gather some of the others don't hold up as well when wet. Dino says he likes Couvre. Not sure how that holds up in water though. Don't know if I would trust any of them for a day of scuba diving or snorkeling.......
03-12-2009, 07:56 AM,
So what are people attaching all lace units with, that will stand up to several straight days of water activities?
03-13-2009, 04:02 AM,
I would think that blue liner or UH would be more than sufficient, but I think Debbie sells a tape that's even stronger. I bought some from her when I first started wearing but never used it. Feels like it has about the same gripping power as duct tape.
03-17-2009, 05:55 AM,
Attention Debbie: What's JRob talking about?
I went to your site to buy the ST-30 but see it's not available? Supertape then? I've read some horror stories on the Ultra Hold.
03-29-2009, 04:28 AM,
I use Supertape and have gone 2 weeks with lots of sweaty workouts and it held fine.