Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going GLue for the first time soon
03-12-2009, 03:26 AM,
Going GLue for the first time soon
Have been a toplacer for a year and have always been going French + Poly Side/Back and currently with ST-30 and Walker's NoShine. At late 20s with a youthful face, I can justify wearing bangs and that is why I have been getting away with bad hair lines.

I am going to try out glue for the first time but I am pretty stressed out. I have read about using glue and know to put a few thin layer instead of a thick layer.

My biggest concern is that I want to go at least 7 days without much touch-ups or dealing with the glue breaking down. I am also concern with the maintenance is going to be a hassle.

Anybody glue expert can share a piece of advice here? I have ordered a SFS front with poly side/back and my switch-day will be in early April. Thx.
03-12-2009, 04:59 AM,
Re: Going GLue for the first time soon
I'm curious why you don't like the tape, is it the shine, the hairline ?
I've pretty much never used tape, that's why I ask.

Getting the right glue for your personal chemistry will be key. If the glue
doesn't work for you, it make break down in 3 days. My first glue was I-Glue,
and that one broke down fast, in days, and left a dark line due to breaking down.

Almost any other glue was better.

Order a few glues to try, I would say.

I don't find the few thin coats vs. one coat an issue, I always use one coat
nowadays. Don't go too thick, that's the biggest newbie issue I think.

Good luck.

- AG
03-12-2009, 05:17 AM,
Don't worry about glue being a problem. I used to use all glue, Dermatex to be precisce and that worked for me.

I now use super tape or ST-30 when it comes back in around the back and sides but still use glue for the hairline. Maybe you shoudld try that first? Most people say the Ultra Hold glue is the best, and I am going to try that next...
03-12-2009, 05:59 AM,
You know what i want to know? Whats the best adhesive for skin units?
03-12-2009, 08:52 PM,
I've worn skin units and lace.

For me, the best is a white glue that dries clear. Basically, pick your brand. They all seem to work decent.

The only touch ups I ever need to do is the front 1/4 inch of the hairline. Basically every 4 days or so I have to touch it up. Not bad at all! The rest of the unit stays with a strong bond for 2 weeks or so.