Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra Hold Users
03-12-2009, 06:21 AM,
Ultra Hold Users
I currently use a white glue that you have to wait to dry to clear.

Is Ultra Hold easier? Is the clean off your head and out of the lace easy? Does it dry fast and hold well/

Thank you
03-12-2009, 06:44 AM,
Re: Ultra Hold Users
I have used it in the past and have had very poor results in regard to bonding time. Also, I found it to be a real mess to work with. It kind of reminded me of model glue. It was very stringy when applying, and I actually found it to be a little caustic. I have also read some post that raise concerns over one of it's ingredients. I have read some outstanding reviews of Perfectors (I think that's the name) and am considering buying a small bottle of it since it is very expensive and has a shelf life of about a year.
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM,
Re: Ultra Hold Users
Welcome to the world of instant gratification. There is a wait for any of the glues to dry. I only use UH for the front, but the longer the wait, the better the bond. I usually apply the glue and let it dry while attaching the tape to the perimeter of the unit(about 15 minutes). If I use Tite Grip, I do the same and the bond is great. Clean up is not too bad with 99% alcohol.

I hope that this helps

Zappa