Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistancy/thickness of bleach (for when bleaching knots)
03-13-2009, 10:15 AM,
Consistancy/thickness of bleach (for when bleaching knots)
I have a question for anyone who might know..how thick should the consistency be of the bleach/developer for when bleaching knots.

In general, my confusion over the knot bleach process is whether any or even just a tiny bit of the bleach/developer should actually leak through to the hairshafts. Or should the bleach/developer be thick enough so that absolutely none of the bleach will drip down to the hairshafts, meaning that only the bottom of the knots near the lace would be bleached and not the top of the knots near the hairshaft?

I have Debbie's knot bleaching kit and I believe that the instructions say that the bleach/developer should be the consistency of whipped cream. I tried applying cool whip whipped cream to the bottom of an old hairpiece to see what it would be like. Some of the whipped cream dripped/leaked onto the hairshafts though.

Sp does anyone have any suggestions on what the consistency of the bleach/developer should be like for when applying to the lace for bleaching the knots?

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
-James
03-14-2009, 05:41 AM,
Re: Consistancy/thickness of bleach (for when bleaching knots)
cool whip is a good consistency...perhaps a little thicker is okay. once applied to the base, you can turn it over onto some plastic wrap to help keep it from traveling down the hair shaft.
DebbieS.
03-14-2009, 07:23 AM,
Re: Consistancy/thickness of bleach (for when bleaching knots)
Hi Debbie, thanks for the reply. So you are saying that you can put a hairpiece with it's lace side placed on the table top, and the hair side of the hairpiece would be facing up toward the ceiling?

Is this typically how this is done when you want to let the bleach set on the knots for the 10 minutes or so? Or do people typically have the hairpiece with the hair side placed on a table top and the lace side facing up toward the ceiling?

Why does the bleach/developer consistency have to be like whipped cream just out of curiosity, particularly if it will leak through the lace a little bit? Wouldn't a thicker consistency do the same job, particularly if the bleach/developer isn't designed to leak through the lace? Or is the bleach/developer designed to leak through the lace just a tiny bit?