Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Debbie's knot sealer
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM,
Question about Debbie's knot sealer
Hello, I have a question about Debbie's knot sealer. In genreral, I am not sure how much to apply to the lace when using the knot sealer. The directions say to place a small dab on a cotton ball and apply. The thing though is when you just apply a tiny amount on a cotton ball, you can't see the knot sealer when it is dabbed onto the lace, (it looks clear,) so I never quite know if it has been applied. The instructions on the knot sealer also say to blow dry the knot sealer until it is clear after it has been applied. However, it typically already looks clear after I dab it on, before I blow dry.

Or the other possibility is that if you put alot of knot sealer on a cotton ball, it will look white when applied to the lace. However, in order to get the knot sealer to look white when applied to the underside of lace, you need to use a large amount of knot sealer, and I find that when this much is used, the knot sealer will leak through the lace and attach itself to the bottoms of hairshafts.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction about how to apply the knot seal? Should it be invisible and clear when applied to the lace or should it be white when it is applied to the base, (needing to be blowdried after until it turns clear.)

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-James
03-14-2009, 05:38 AM,
Re: Question about Debbie's knot sealer
to insure a great application...apply the sealer to cotton ball, dab off any excess onto a paper towel and now dab and roll the cotton ball over the system...reapply more sealer to cotton ball as needed. you should see VERY LITTLE white transfer onto the base...like little puppy dog tracks....that's all you should see. once dry they will turn clear.
you will feel a slight change in the feel of the lace when done. I usually apply two thin coats of sealer, allowing to dry in between. you should not see the sealer at all when finished. always err on the side of caution, better to apply too little than too much, you can always go back and apply more.
sounds like you are taking it slow and not applying too much...good job!!
DebbieS.