Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a blow dryer when bleaching knots
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM,
Using a blow dryer when bleaching knots
I was curious as to why the bleach/developer needs to be blow dried after it is applied to the lace base. Wouldn't this potentially blow the bleach/developer into the hairshafts? Or does it let the bleach/developer dry quicker so that it doesn't leak onto the hairshafts? Or what exactly is the purpose? Should the blow dryer be kept well away from the lace so as not to blow the bleach/developer into the hairshafts? Also, is a typical blow driers hot setting suitable for this?

Thanks for any help.
-James
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM,
Re: Using a blow dryer when bleaching knots
Heat being applied to bleach will increase the lightening process.
03-14-2009, 05:43 AM,
warm setting....not hot!! it speeds up the process and dries the bleach before it has time to travel down the hair shaft. bleach expands when processing....that is why its hard to keep it from traveling.
DebbieS.
03-14-2009, 07:29 AM,
Thanks for the responses, I have a few more follow up questions.

When blow drying, do you blow dry with the hairpiece placed upside down and thus blow dry the lace side? Or do you hold the hairpiece so that the lace is facing down and the hair side is facing up and you would thus be blow drying through the hair?

Also, what if your hair dryer doesn't have a warm setting, just hot and cold? Can you blow dry from a further distance or something? And What happens if the blow dryer is too hot, would that burn the lace or something?
03-14-2009, 07:34 AM,
Is it ok if I just take deep breaths and keep blowing til I get dizzy?
Just kidding. I really do not know about the knot bleaching but would hope that they come that way since that
is what my order says.