Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swiss Lace Base, French Lace Perimeter
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM,
Swiss Lace Base, French Lace Perimeter
i"m thinking about trying something that I have never seen done before- order a SWISS lace base with a FRENCH lace perimeter.

I have been having issues with scalp irritation and I finally realized that it was due to the French lace portion of my full cap. As soon as I attached the unit more securely, the itching and irritation went away.

It seems that the french lace base is too rough for my skin when it is free to move around. Now that I attach with a top and back tape strip, the irritation is minimal.

But I had an idea. The french lace actually disappears just as well if not better than the swiss lace for me, so I thought, why not order a swiss lace base for comfort, with a french lace perimeter for durability?

The ONLY problems I have with swiss are at the EDGE of the system. It either frays or somehow gets a hole from a comb. I figure If I order the bulk of the unit in swiss lace for comfort and the perimeter in french for durability I can get the best of both worlds.

Anyone ever ordered a base like this?
03-17-2009, 07:42 AM,
Re: Swiss Lace Base, French Lace Perimeter
You know another good idea. I would imagine with a full cap your hair system isnt really snug to your skin, especially if you only bond the perimeter. u should trying taking some got2bglued spiking cement and rub a thin layer on top of ur head, That should keep the unit secure to your skin on top and wont wiggle around as much. and attach the perimeter as u normally would do
03-18-2009, 05:53 AM,
This is Great idea, You know what john recently sent me sample of all the lace, and trust me the best one in terms of least detection was french its blended with my skin tone like an invisible layer couldnt tell... now i have been using swiss... frnehc seemed to be wayy better then swisss.... i think this woud be a great idea......tru it out take some pics and share it with us so my next order will be the same if it work well
03-18-2009, 09:06 AM,
Goodluck keep in mind, there are many versions or types of french and swiss lace. Sometimes you can order french and get something different each time. I have seen some super fine swiss laces that are incredibly undetectable. It might have been that certain batch you have received.
03-18-2009, 12:23 PM,
I much prefer the comfort of swiss lace. French has more texture to it which makes me itch if it moves around.

But aside from the comfort issue, French disappears just as well on my skin, and it doesn't fray one bit.

Oh yea, French is also a tiny bit more detectable to touch, but I can live with it given the other benefits.

I like the GTBG idea xeon, but I have some of the spiking cement and I just can't see how it can grab ahold of lace. I have been using tape on top and in the back to add more "grab", but maybe a single coat of white glue would do the trick. Maybe i will experiment with some different things....