Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm celebrating 4 years wearing this week! (lots of photos)
02-19-2010, 03:12 PM,
Re: I'm celebrating 4 years wearing this week! (lots of photos)
I hit 3 years this month. Quite an amazing journey!
02-20-2010, 03:02 AM,
Hey JRob.

Firstly, I thank you for all the info you pass along. One of these days, the factory will catch up with the full cap look potential. Having a seamless head of hair is better than blending fake hair into real hair, or it SHOULD be. Again, just a matter of the factories "wanting" to create such a creature badly enough.

Any-hoo. Recently got a piece with flaps. It's one of those athletic things, with the i-lace on top, poly around the sides and lace in front. This week I started using Got 2 Be Glued. Not bad at all, especially on the poly part! The flaps seem to stick pretty well, although I can lift them easily if I desire. Only kept the un-cut piece on about 10 minutes.

My concern is the flap area getting wet with Got 2 Be Glued. What do you use as an adhesive?
02-20-2010, 08:56 AM,
knockahoma Wrote:Hey JRob.

Firstly, I thank you for all the info you pass along. One of these days, the factory will catch up with the full cap look potential. Having a seamless head of hair is better than blending fake hair into real hair, or it SHOULD be. Again, just a matter of the factories "wanting" to create such a creature badly enough.

Any-hoo. Recently got a piece with flaps. It's one of those athletic things, with the i-lace on top, poly around the sides and lace in front. This week I started using Got 2 Be Glued. Not bad at all, especially on the poly part! The flaps seem to stick pretty well, although I can lift them easily if I desire. Only kept the un-cut piece on about 10 minutes.

My concern is the flap area getting wet with Got 2 Be Glued. What do you use as an adhesive?

Thanks for the compliments.

As for the full cap thing, yea, as the market grows I am hoping that the factories will catch on that they need to ventilate for shorter styles. In the meantime I am going to be working on a technique using perming solution to reposition the hair to compensate for any problem areas.

For adhesives I use blue liner and (believe it or not) I still have some CP cream glue left over I bought over 2 years ago. It works well for me but I am just about out and will be forced to find a new glue since this one has been discontinued. Haven't experimented much with the got2be.
02-21-2010, 09:58 AM,
Mr Burns,

I remember when I used to read a particular hairloss website daily HOPING for a new cure for baldness.
Those were the days of minoxidil and concealers for me. Always with some very encouraging study being done with the hope of a magic bullet product which would grow hair....then one day, I saw your post on that very website with your solution for hairloss..... wearing a piece. The moment I saw your pictures (some of your old pictures) I started to get very interested in hairpieces. Before then, I just didn't think so, but when I saw your pics I was very encouraged. It took me about a year of constant viewing of this website and another one to get up enough courage to make the plunge and buy a piece. I have been wearing since last October. I haven't regretted it one bit! It just keeps getting easier and better each day. I just did a removal, cleaning and reattachment with ease and great confidence. My wife says I look great and I don't believe anyone knows....

Collin, it was because of you and your willingness to post pictures of yourself wearing that I learned about how great these things can look. Your pictures of being at the water park and what your hair looked like after all you put it thru was the defining moment for me that I knew I had to "wear hair!"

Without wanting to sound too sappy...... THANK YOU for being out there and your willingness to share your art of wearing hair. You have been a great role model for some of us rookies!

John