Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM,
Re: If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
Here's my .02...

A good home cut is better than a crappy stylist cut, BUT for the style that I desire I wouldn't even begin to be able to cut it myself.

Now full caps are a different beast, and I would highly recommend letting a pro cut them since there is no blending and it's just about the same as real hair. With a topper, if you are able to get the desired result at home, that's probably your best option.

Me? I'm not skilled enough to give myself a textured cut like my stylists are able to give. My current full cap would be a work of art if I didn't have to use relaxer on the sides which flattened the hair and lost some of the realism. Joe spent a good 30 minutes or more with a razor and scissors transforming the piece into something that could be worn on the stage of a rock concert....no lie. There is simply no way other than training and years of practice that someone can pull that off.

Truth of the matter is that I see some guys who look great with a home cut, but if they had a good stylist they could probably look even better. That's a big IF though, since I know how hard it is to find a good stylist. I'm pretty lucky in that I know a good dozen stylists so I never have to worry about that.

I'm stopping in Philly on the way back from the UK convention to meet up with Dino and hopefully we are going to get it set up to get him a full cap cut in by a stylist. he's one of those guys who has been cutting his hair for years and with his more traditional hairstyle he is always able to do a great job, but he's like me and looks younger than he is so I think he would look amazing with a little flair added to his cut. Hopefully he doesn't chicken out :mrgreen:

Messages In This Thread
Re: If your serious about hairwearing, some advice. - JRob - 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM