Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
03-20-2009, 10:37 AM,
Re: If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
NotGuilty Wrote:What I would like to know is how many of you who are participating in this discussion (sester, hairagain, that other moron) have gotten your wig cut and styled be a real hair stylist, not a wig stylist? My guess is zero.

First of all, if "that other moron" you are referring to is me and you are grouping me with sester and hairagain, I will take that as a compliment. Smile

I've been a DIY'er for 2 years now. I had a piece cut in by Debbie at the convention in Windsor. Would you classify her as a real hair stylist or a wig stylist? :lol: She did a fantastic job. By having her do a cut in it reinforced my belief that complete DIY is not only possible but fairy easy if you are willing to learn and experiment a little bit.

Go to the library and get a couple books on cutting hair and coloring hair. Learn about angles and elevations and the color wheel. With my Flowbie I was able to figure out the length, angles and elevations she used and can duplicate her cut in. Or I can try a different style or vary lengths. It really ISN"T rocket science.

Color match will ALWAYS be a problem (unless you can afford a new piece every 2 months) because the piece WILL fade. So learn how to color hair.

Differences in hair texture is a problem for some. You may have to get a little creative with with your blending to help hide the differences. Is it textbook? No. But what good is a great textbook cut if it doesn't look right?

Stick with your high level stylist if it makes you happy.

As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the knowledge and confidence this forum has given me over the past 2 years. I never have to go to a salon again.

Thanks again to everyone here, people like you and even morons like me is what makes this the best place to learn. Big Grin

One more time for anyone that will listen -

READ THE OLD FORUM!

Messages In This Thread
Re: If your serious about hairwearing, some advice. - buckeye - 03-20-2009, 10:37 AM