Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
03-19-2009, 11:21 AM,
Re: If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
Not Guilty,

I did read all you said and it does have merit. I am sure there are good quality stylists for many BUT!!!! for ME and for MANY of the people that have decided to DIY, a stylist has PROVEN to be a BIG disapointment,. I have had good haircuts that were what they stylist wanted and not what I wanted! Even going to the same person over and over, they have cut in the units differently, I assumed wrongly that they knew what I wanted and told them but it was always different. Sometime is was good and sometimes just OK and at times I hated it. When I do it, it's always what I want! The discussion is that if you can manage to cut your own hair, and you know EXACTLY what you want without communicating it because it's already in your head, then that there is the big benefit! When I have a hairpiece that is 3 moths old and because I KNEW to cut in EXACTLY the syle I wanted but a little longer, I can then trim it AGAIN. I know that blending the back is a skill that someone who cuts natural hair all the time does not know how to do. I can scissor-point cut, razor cut, robo cut or just plain scissor cut my own hair and the piece and I know what to do. WIth a medium hair length like mine, I know I have to cut my sides slightly shorter thent the hairpiece. I know that I have to razor cut around the perimiter of the piece to get a nice blend. I know that in order to remove some bulk from a hairpiece to stay away for the roots and razor comb out the bulk carefully. All the stylist I have ever used cut it too short, cut too close to the base while thining ( leaving a blad spot on a brand new piece), left a blunt line around the perimiter or SOMETHING else I may have forgotten. I get your point but for me and many of us here, we have figured that if we can take the HAIR OFF, stick it on a head form in front of us, we have the advantage of cutting our own hair because if it was growing out of your head, you cant take it off! You are right that guys with a nice head of hair will get it cut because they CAN'T take it off!

I agree that I can problably find someone to do it for me and am glad that some people have done that but at $200 a pop, I am not into the trial and error thing, and I have always been happy with my skill level.

Messages In This Thread
Re: If your serious about hairwearing, some advice. - hairagain - 03-19-2009, 11:21 AM