Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair coloring
03-18-2009, 06:58 AM,
Hair coloring
Has anybody used Just for Men haircoloring to help match the side hair and system hair?
Perhaps If will order a stock unit (black) and my sides have more grey. Would you comb through both while wearing the system, then shampoo out. Seems pretty tame as far as the amount of grey to get rid of. Sometimes there can be a slight difference where the hair blends.
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM,
Re: Hair coloring
That is what they used on my pieces when I went to a "professional" salon...that is what the stylist told me anyway.
03-18-2009, 08:43 AM,
I have used Just for Men and done very well with it.
03-18-2009, 10:27 AM,
I'm glad someone mentioned this, because I've been wondering about it too. I get natural gray on the sides, quite a bit actually...but I am not ready to start ordering TL pieces with gray mixed in. Maybe when I'm in my 40s.
I guess all I can do is use something like Just For Men on the sides. Its just worrisome that the color on the sides and the color of the piece might be different.
-On the other hand, "because I color out the gray" can always be my excuse if someone is wondering why they are different shades.
03-18-2009, 10:37 AM,
Color has ALWAYS been a problem for me. I had the color just right (used ADF and that worked GREAT)on one of the last hairpieces from a hair club/salon and while I am waiting for my new piece from Toplace, (they don't know I am going to fly solo from now on) I JUST got the last of my units from that place I had been going being that it was already paid for. I gotta tell ya, I am so sick and tired of something ALWAYS being wrong. I know I am sounding like spolied little wanker but there always is! Either the cut is off, the knots are visible, body wave is curly, or whatever. I had it cut on the long side because the last time they cut it WAY too short. It looked ok at the salon but when I cam home, I re-cut it, bleached the knots (again), it was looking good till I saw that they touched up my real hair and its TOO DARK! I have a shade lighter on my top, a line between the 2 because of the color and now a shade darker on my back and sides. I am destined to look like guy with a rug I guess. What can I do to make the top and sides balance? I dont want to darken my top, that is the color everything is SUPPOSED to be.

I always have issues with color, eventually, I fix them by coloring the unit and my own hair at the same time but this is a barnd new piece and freshly colored sides and back. Anybody know af a way to fix??

Thanks
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM,
Hairagain... Your problem and mine...I just don't understand if the unit was the right color to begin with for your natural hair...why would they darken your hair????? My only suggestion would be to highlight the unit and not let them darken your natural hair...I have sen many guys with darker hair on the sides and back....but the top unit had highlights of all the colors....lights and dark...to me that would be the only way to pull off the color changes. Cheers
03-18-2009, 11:45 PM,
Aside from Male patter baldness, I lucked out and developed Alopecia in the back of my head. I get a quarter sized patch that will fall out in about a week and then it will grow back white first. this has been going on for about 2 years, but it seems to be settling down. I get the color evened out. When my hair is damp, the color seems good but when it dries, its noticably different. I don't want a lot of crap in my hair, A little hair product is fine but not enough to hide the color problem. This time I think they left the color on my own hair for too long, hence it too dark. Is there something I can use to lighten it up a bit? Getting the colors to match is tricky but its sohould not be impossible.