Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blending
03-19-2009, 12:05 AM,
Blending
Can someone post a step by step on how to properly blend in the back and sides? I get good results with a razor comb but with all this knowledge bursting in here, I am hoping to learn a better way from someone else here.

Thank you
03-22-2009, 01:26 AM,
Re: Blending
Go to your nearest hair salon and have them do it. They blend hair all day long, you don't even have to bring your shears Wink
03-22-2009, 06:38 AM,
NotGuilty

I wish that was the asnwer. As you know, I don't feel a stylist does the job well for me. I have tried many stylists and they always miss something. The problem I have had was with the light bodywave, which I have to say I fixed BEAUTIFULLY with using a curl remover. I have straight hair and now my piece has the same EXACT straight hair as my own. That part of the equasion is now perfect. I have been tweaking the unit I have, which is a week old, not from Toplace, but my toplace is on order and due in a few weeks. The color of the fairly new piece is off. When I have gone to a stylist, they spritz it down with water and do a blend. It looks good when I leave but when my hair dries, the differance becomes obvious. I have always had to fix it. This time, my hair and the color of the unit is slightly off. In sunlight it is in my opinion WAY OFF. I get annoyed that they let me leave looking this way because I can't see the back of my head and they can...

My frustration with every stylist I have used, both hair-replacement and traditional stylists is they never catch this problem. Wig stylist have no excuse and traditional stylists are not used to dealing with 2 different types of hair on one persons head I think. I am looking to find the best way to blend hair along the edge of the unit to match my hair IN SUNLIGHT!!! They always miss that. I can do a better blend then any stylist I have ever tried and I am looking for the ways that other people correct this problem, I have my own solutions that work well but want to now if there is and easier, faster way...
03-22-2009, 08:19 AM,
its 2009 and we still dont have even a simple video showing us how to do it ourselfs.Lets take up a collection
and pay the first person who can make a video that we all can use.I wish I could make a video but not able.
03-22-2009, 08:27 AM,
Salons are a big rip off if you wear hair.They act like you are wearing something from outerspace
and charge you up the rear if they want.
03-22-2009, 01:03 PM,
Well fortunately I didn't have that problem. I cut my piece with kitchen scissors to about 4", attached it, and walked into the salon and asked to have a great sylist. When I told them it was a wig they seemed a little weirded out, but not too bad, and I just went "yeah, it's not much different than cutting someone else's hair, you just have to blend the side hair with the hairpiece hair with blending shears, you're able to blend hair right?" I come off right away saying it's no different effort-wise, then they have no grounds to really argue that they should charge extra. I argue right off the bat that it's just a haircut. I mean, the thing is 4" when I walk in and I want it cut to 2". wtf? Why would that be such big deal?
03-23-2009, 07:59 AM,
The best way is to slightly cut your own hair and the piece hair together with the thinning shears so you get the same cut mark on both, You start at the root of the hair and take small cuts as you gradually cone up along the hair shaft, Then lightly finish with one of these :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/Realm/Apparent_Photos/RazorComb1.JPG">http://www.network54.com/Realm/Apparent ... rComb1.JPG</a><!-- m -->