Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace Release
03-19-2009, 12:41 PM,
Lace Release
Hi Guys,

I just want to know if there are any alternatives rather than using Lace Release. Last week during removal I accidentially got Lace Release in my eyes and nose. Now, the eyes I was able to rinse out no problem, however after I went to sleep and woke up the next morning my nose and back of my throat burnt.........it was like this for most of the day and I could sleep the next night.......eventually my nose stopped burning after about a day. However, my nose was still irritated and my sense of smell was affected, I had it checked out the next day. Doctor said, it would go away, but I have to apply some antibotic cream in my nose to help with the healing.

Also lately, I've notice when I wake up in the morning I have bad tension in the back of my head.........or minor slight headaches........not sure if this is a result of Lace Release, or my body's reaction to it.........

Anyways, does anyone know of any safer alternatives to using Lace Release or have had a similar accident happen to them? I know you have to be very careful when using Lace Release, but sometimes accidents happen...........

Thanks,

John
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM,
Re: Lace Release
Lace release gave me a headache and wasn't as effective as using pure 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. Just go to using alcohol. It's much easier to use, more effective and doesn't have all those "side effects".

PURE is also a good product for cleaning/removing.
03-19-2009, 02:27 PM,
GQPilot 737 Wrote:Lace release gave me a headache and wasn't as effective as using pure 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. Just go to using alcohol. It's much easier to use, more effective and doesn't have all those "side effects".

PURE is also a good product for cleaning/removing.

I wouldn't use PURE or even any of the citrus based cleaners for removal as they leave an oily residue that's kinda hard to get out of the lace.
Failure to have squeaky clean lace is one of the major reasons for lifting, etc.,

Smile
Fred
03-19-2009, 03:12 PM,
Actually it was Lace Release (99% Alcohol) but the side effects aren't treating me well at the moment. I still get bad headaches after waking up. My nerves feel so tense and my sense of smell has not fully returned and it's been 3 days since Sunday. I hope I get better soon....maybe my body cannot absorb this type of 99% alcohol.........not sure.........

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms. BTW this was the first time I used Lace Release (99% alcohol). Normally I would just take the tape off by itself, but my units wore down a lot quicker this way.......

Any other suggestions?
03-20-2009, 09:57 AM,
Maybe you should buy some 70% alcohol and try using that.... it will take longer for it to work on the adhesive, but if you are that sensitive to the 99%, then its best to err on the side of caution and use a lesser volume alcohol.
I will ALWAYS put safety first, so my advise is to don't use it if you are sensitive to it....and don't inhale it for heavens sake Smile...try the 70% and I'm sure it will be okay for you...especially since you were using nothing at all before. ok?
I hope this helps!!

DebbieS.
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM,
Guys I'm really worried. I just got up from a nap and again I felt major tension headache on the back of my head. Also my sense of smell is still out. I'm also feeling a tingling sensation in my arms and legs........Funny thing is the headache or pressure is not there when I'm up, just right after waking up from a sleep, it's been like that from 2 days now.....I didn't inhale it to my knowledge............
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM,
WigWearer Wrote:Guys I'm really worried. I just got up from a nap and again I felt major tension headache on the back of my head. Also my sense of smell is still out. I'm also feeling a tingling sensation in my arms and legs........Funny thing is the headache or pressure is not there when I'm up, just right after waking up from a sleep, it's been like that from 2 days now.....I didn't inhale it to my knowledge............

Come on now, don't be silly.
There's no one here that can help you simply by typing something in this thread.

If it's affecting you that badly,
GO SEE A DOCTOR !!!
duh.....

Smile
Fred
03-20-2009, 12:56 PM,
Hey now, this is a support forum, we're all here to help eachother out! Show some luv...

Wig - Definitely stop using the Lace Release and try the 70% alcohol. And yes, please see a Doctor if it's having that bad of an effect on your body...
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM,
GQPilot 737 Wrote:Hey now, this is a support forum, we're all here to help eachother out! Show some luv...

Wig - Definitely stop using the Lace Release and try the 70% alcohol. And yes, please see a Doctor if it's having that bad of an effect on your body...

I appreciate that GQ thanks for sticking up for me......I did see my family doctor, but she just gave me some cream to help heal my nasal irritation. She didn't say much about the headache........I just got back from the walk in clinic.......didn't help much doctor just said it'll go away in a few days or a week.........said it was stress.........Honestly, sometimes I feel like anyone can be a doctor........

FredTJ I was merely seeking for others opinions or experiences........you are right no one here is a doctor, but at least others can provide some constructive or helpful feedback
03-20-2009, 05:40 PM,
Do you have anxiety at all? Please do not be offended by this question. I have had anxiety pretty bad in the past, and you can think everything is killing you. I honestly dont think it was the lace release. But maybe im wrong. maybe you are allergic to something in it, but really all lace release is , is alcohol to my knowledge. A reaction you could have gotten from either alcohol or lace release is being in a confined space with poor ventilation. You could have breathed too much of the fumes in, got a little irritation or something, and maybe it got you worried about it. so your nerves are giving u tension headaches.