Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible help for hairs on lace pulling through underneath.
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM,
Possible help for hairs on lace pulling through underneath.
This was an accidental discovery, I'm not sure how well it might work. As I was cleaning my lace system, there was a glob of glue on it and I was looking around for something like an old toothbrush which I've used occasionally to clean off residue. First thing I saw was a "neck brush" that came with my hair clippers kit, it has probably 3" long bristles, and I grabbed that as I never used it anyway. Just started poking around, the long bristles could stab through the lace easily. Then I noticed that it was pulling hairs through the bottom, so I thought, maybe it would work in the reverse fashion. I managed to get most of them back through, basically just shoving the brush into the lace from the top side then pulling back through at an angle. Might help, worth a try if you have this problem.
03-23-2009, 08:16 AM,
Re: Possible help for hairs on lace pulling through underneath.
wesb Wrote:This was an accidental discovery, I'm not sure how well it might work. As I was cleaning my lace system, there was a glob of glue on it and I was looking around for something like an old toothbrush which I've used occasionally to clean off residue. First thing I saw was a "neck brush" that came with my hair clippers kit, it has probably 3" long bristles, and I grabbed that as I never used it anyway. Just started poking around, the long bristles could stab through the lace easily. Then I noticed that it was pulling hairs through the bottom, so I thought, maybe it would work in the reverse fashion. I managed to get most of them back through, basically just shoving the brush into the lace from the top side then pulling back through at an angle. Might help, worth a try if you have this problem.

Yes any type of brush with fine stiff bristles will work, Its just a case of poking the hair back through the hairs in the lace.