Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
attachment tips needed (glue and lace)
03-23-2009, 04:45 AM,
Re: attachment tips needed (glue and lace)
Thanks for the quick responses.

I know that you can spray alcohol on your head and base and that gives you a few seconds to move the piece around to get it positioned, then the alcohol evaporates and you are past the point of no return. I haven't done this but will try. The reason I didn't want to do it like that is that I want to get a nice, tight, flush attachment (like MB does in his video where he stretches the base a little) and I figure if you just lay the piece on your head you run the risk of getting bubbles and wrinkles. Maybe I'll try your method, hairagain. The only thing I worry about is after you attach the back and sides, do you get bubbles/wrinkles at the hairline? That would be my fear. That I'd lay the front down into the glue and realize that it's not stretched enough in other areas. Know what I mean?

Debbie, thanks for the compliment for not being off to badly. I did, in fact, make marks at the hairline based on a duplicate template I made. I glued the area above the marks and did a nice job there. The problem is knowing where the center of the hairline on the lace is, not on the scalp - I could see the center on my scalp with the mark I made. Obviously what I think I did is I missed the center by 1/4" and that's why it overlapped on the one side (either that or I stretched the piece too much and need to shave more area to account for the stretching I'm doing) - or a combination of the two (lol). I wonder: is there a way to mark the center of the the lace at the hairline, and line that up with the mark I made on my forehead? And then be able to wash away the mark on the lace so it doesn't look weird and draw attention to my hairline? That way if I'm still overlapped I know I'm stretching it and need to shave more area. I'm really trying to dial in on these attachments cuz when I get this thing flush there's no detecting it by touch, let alone by site. It's so awesome when you rub your hand and fingers all around your head and you feel nothing. The transition is seamless. A lot of chicks will rub their hands through your head (especially if you have nice hair haha) and I just don't want a nail grabbing an edge. If it happens so be it, but obviously it's not a situation I desire.

Thanks again guys

Messages In This Thread
Re: attachment tips needed (glue and lace) - NotGuilty - 03-23-2009, 04:45 AM