Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well ... I be GLUED !!!
03-24-2009, 04:58 AM,
Well ... I be GLUED !!!
4 days now ... Since hearing the production of ST-30 tape
is in limbo ...

My hairstylist used glue over my entire scalp this time ...

Some sort of white glue (a very thin layer) and then a
brush stroke of the stronger industrial glue stuff along
the front brow..

I must say ... it is a BIG CHANGE in the hair wearing
experience ...

I swear ...You could run your hands through my hair
for hours and not locate the seams

(unless you knew what you were particularly experienced in
searching for them and was intent on scraping up my scalp
in the process)

I wonder what the clean up process is going to be like ..
But ... for those guys who are concerned with someone
doing the touch test on their hair ... at least now .. after
4 days ... it is kind of amazing ....
03-24-2009, 07:16 AM,
Re: Well ... I be GLUED !!!
Hey Count!!
I have been thinking about all glue myself...since the situation with the ST30...I would also be curious about the cleanup with base bond or IGLUE...anyone who uses all glue? Do you like it better than the combination of tape and glue...I would think that you would have to reattach more often. Any replies would be appreciated. Cheers
03-24-2009, 07:49 AM,
wheels07 Wrote:Hey Count!!
I have been thinking about all glue myself...since the situation with the ST30...I would also be curious about the cleanup with base bond or IGLUE...anyone who uses all glue? Do you like it better than the combination of tape and glue...I would think that you would have to reattach more often. Any replies would be appreciated. Cheers

She used the stronger white glue ... I think Coolpiece used to manufacture
it but ... alas ... no longer has the formulation .. but those who have a jar
of it ... say it lasted them a year ...

Di Di ... hairnaturallyperfect.com ... said her other clients
typically go 3-4 weeks before reattaching ... and since she does all
the cleanup .. they don't care ...

one thing ... since there is no elevation off the scalp as with the tape ..
many of her clients have claimed ... the itching and red splotchiness on some
of her client's scalp's have disappeared ..

I would also think maybe because of the even level .. maybe the
front would hold longer ... but it's 4 days now and we will see ...

It really sucks when a good product disappears ... or you have to
count on someone else to follow someone else specs ...
03-24-2009, 07:57 AM,
Count,

How bout you jump in the shower and see how long it stays on. Glue sounds good, but I need a good hold for exercising and swimming. Are there glues as strong as the extended wear tapes that do not require a sandblaster to remove the residue? I have read that some people have to soak there system overnight to remove the residue,
forget that for me.
03-24-2009, 09:16 AM,
thecount Wrote:I wonder what the clean up process is going to be like ..

Probably rough.
03-24-2009, 11:41 AM,
I used Dematex (a white glue) all around the perimiter and down the center and for the front. It's a white glue and I usually got 2 weeks hold and washed my hair almost every day. The clean up was with a citris based cleaner. I would use a lace release to take off the unit, then spray the citris cleaner on my head and let is sit, make sure it does not run into your eyes.... THe weird thing I did was I took a CREDIT CARD!! to scrape off the goop. Worked for me! Now I am using super tape ont the back and sides with the white glue in front, it is easier to clean up....
03-24-2009, 12:23 PM,
the clean up shouldn't be bad, count. just use the lace release and most of the glue should remain on your scalp.
if one uses lace release correctly, there is no need for terribly messy clean-ups on the lace.
DebbbieS.
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM,
Senior Count,

I had to jump in on this one. I used all glue for a couple of years. I have used coolpiece white, Ultra Hold and Tite grip. Showering, (ie washing hair) did have the worst effect on Coolpiece because it is only water resistant. The clean up will take a bit more time than the tape and if it is more than just the perimeter, well, I wouldn't want to be one of your neighbors trying to sleep when the words start flying. Using the tape can really spoil a guy. You will have a shorter attachment with the white glue, but a magazine slide works pretty well for the piece and I found that Desolve-it will clean your noggin and natural hair of glue residue. That is all of my news that's fit to print.

Take care,
ps. I am glad that I bought 3 extra rolls of ST30 from Debbie when I was att BA's place. I guess the old Cub Scouts "be prepared" paid off. Wonder what I should start the bidding at??

Zap