Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION FOR MR. BURNS
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM,
QUESTION FOR MR. BURNS
Hi, Mr. Burns. I think your hair always looks great and very natural. Can you tell me the color of your hair in your photo to the right on the homepage? I am looking to order a new unit, and I am interested in choosing this color. Thank you very kindly for your assistance. I apologize for writing this on the forum, but when I try to e-mail members, it says I am not authorized to do so.
03-25-2009, 01:51 AM,
Re: QUESTION FOR MR. BURNS
No problem.

It's actually my regular dark brown hair colour, only with some blonde highlights. I put in the highlights myself using this kit, and it was really easy and also very cheap:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.folica.com/Jerome_Russell__d659.html">http://www.folica.com/Jerome_Russell__d659.html</a><!-- m -->

You could also ask BA or John to put those highlights in for you when you order - just remember to get the correct % of highlights when doing it this way. For example, you could order:

22R Coloured highlights with the following density in sections:
1 - 28%
2 -18%
3 34%
4 15%
5 30%
6 15%

What are those sections from 1 to 6? Check the topace order form and it will show you.

Hope this helps.
03-25-2009, 06:03 AM,
Thank you very much!!!
03-26-2009, 11:28 PM,
No problem. Are you going to dye it yourself or get the factory to put them in??
03-27-2009, 02:59 AM,
I think I will use the kit that you recommended and try it myself. In order to get the nice color contrast, do you think it is best that I order the hair in a dark brown color?

In the past I have not had much luck with custom units. They just haven't turned our as well as I would like. I've been ordering all-skin stock units from BA, and they have truly been exceptional. Plus, they last a long, long time and they are not hot like people think. The clean up is very minimal, and I remove it every night. I guess that adds to the life of it. Re-attaching the next morning is very quick and easy, 1 minute at the most! I will be glad to share my secrets and tips with you should you ever decide to go that route.

Thank you again for being so helpful.
03-27-2009, 05:40 AM,
Yes, actually my last unit was all ultra thin skin (with SFS front) and it was excellent. Super quick attach and very comfortable.

You should order based on your own hair sample. I don't think you need a big contrast, it will look great no matter.
03-27-2009, 05:41 AM,
By the way, what kind of skin units were you getting? Did they have sfs front? Were they difficult to customise / cut into shape.