Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skin system pictures in natural lighting
06-03-2010, 06:28 AM,
RE: Skin system pictures in natural lighting
The unit seems to last quite well, but it is not injected. I am happy with the front appearance, but that is very subjective. Keep in mind not everyone feels that way. Some hate skin for the front. I think it depends a lot on how well your skin tone matches with the skin. When I first got a skin front I didn't care for it much, than after messing with it and using it more, I like it. At times the advantages are that there is no grid or lace pattern you have to worry about, and lighting does not seem too much of a factor if you can get it right.

The thing with skin is, If you put it to your own skin, when it is dry, it wont look that great, but soak it in water and put it on ur hand and it disappears amazingly well. The more translucent you can get it, the better it looks.
oh and one last thing, skin is not always easier, Its a misconception. It can be, but it depends on the situation or what kind of adhesives you are using.

If you want to use a strong tape with a super thinskin, it will be very difficult to remove it and is not recommended. If you use glue, than as where with lace u can squirt alcohol thru the lace holes and try to take the unit off with the glue on ur head, with skin, it def will stick to the skin and not your head most of the time, so than u have to spend some time cleaning the glue off the skin. the cleaning part might be easier or less harmful on the system because there are no lace holes, etc.

The best ways I have found to use a skin system, If you use a strong tape, Put scotch tape on the skin first, than put something like blue liner over the scotch tape. This gives a good hold, and very easy to remove with no residue.

Another thing is using got2b glued spike glue on the system, I get a sturdy base attachment and use this 9 out of 10 times.

sorry for writing a book. just wanted to share my thoughts,

regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skin system pictures in natural lighting - Xeon005 - 06-03-2010, 06:28 AM