Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blending Hair
08-21-2010, 07:35 AM,
Blending Hair
Ok, so I have been extremely active on the forum but there is a wealth of information and I feel reassured speaking to more experienced wearers.

I have another problem (lol). Well, more than a problem, Id say, is a concern. And I have searched the forum and cant seem to find a solution that I am currently seeing as making sense.

Blending hair on the sides and back with your real hair is a pain in the ass sometimes. I think my hair blends in ALMOST perfectly well. And by this, I mean, that when I look in all mirrors (bathroom mirror, etc) I see a perfect color blend.

However, every morning when I walk to my car, I see a reflection in the window and I can see a kind of red touch on the system which distinguishes it from my real hair.

Its a bugger, cause this has now got me real concerned that it might show that I wear. I have asked anyone that knows that I wear, and they have assured me it is perfect. But Im still not convinced, so here I have, in my hand, black hair dye!

Because while I was at work, this idea popped in me head and for the time being, it makes sense. My real hair is very dark brown, almost black, I d say, an off-black. so I bought this black dye and thought that if I just dab some on me fingers and grab a couple of hairs (randomly spread on both system and own hair) here and there and make them black (kinda like highlights) it should blend in pretty well.

What do you think?
08-21-2010, 09:30 AM,
RE: Blending Hair
Be careful, and don't over react. I know what you are talking about, how the piece hair reflects light differently than your own. In some lighting, it appears reddish, but in other light it's fine. I don't know why, but adding hair product makes it all good. When you wear a HP, you must realize it's not your own, and it takes a different approach than when you had hair. If must try color, be very careful, as the results still may not be satisfactory under all light conditions. No one's natural hair is all the same color. My suggestion is finding a product that helps blend, such as gel, conditioner,etc., as long as the color is generally good.
08-21-2010, 11:56 AM,
Mr Joe,
You might also want to try 'Back 2 Natural' color blender. This stuff is a must have product. You put it on a comb and it blends the color of the hair piece with your own hair. It also conditions the hair. Hair is constantly oxidizing in the summer sun and B2N comes in very handy. You can buy it online at adfhair.com.
Regards,
John
08-21-2010, 08:43 PM,
Hi John,

I just bought them, I will let you know when I try them out.
I m gonna put the hair dye aside for now.

Thanks
08-31-2010, 10:01 AM,
So i have been thinking... cause I followed your advice McNash and gave up on the coloring. Not the ideal situation to experiment cause I dont have a spare one yet lol.

I am gonna make my next order... and this time, like I told John, I will be ordering a topper but covers three quarters of my back. I am only gonna leave about an inch of my own hair from the back. I like to keep my hair a bit longish from the backside (kinda like a mullet lol) so with say 2/3 inches of long hair, it should also cover what will be left of the 1 inch of my real hair.

I am only keeping 1 inch and not going full cap for undetectability (to the touch) reasons and to have an all natural hairline (from the backside) if say I would want to make a small pony tail.

I am also keeping my own sides cause I understand it may be a pain to wear a full cap. I am not much concerned about blending on the sides, I think I manage allright.

With this, I am hoping to get something in between a topper and a full cap. And hopefully, will take away all my concerns of blending hair with my own from behind.

So I told John I want an extra 1.5 to 2 inches in length for my base.

What do you guys think? Anyone tried this? I dunno why I feel like I have discovered America with this idea. Makes me happy... lol
09-21-2010, 06:25 PM,
what about blending at the joint part where the natural and system hair meet? does that leave a gap or anything?