Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skin system pictures in natural lighting
02-16-2010, 08:53 AM,
Skin system pictures in natural lighting
Heres just a couple of pictures of this skin unit in natural lighting.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-19-2010, 02:44 PM,
Re: Skin system pictures in natural lighting
Looks right on to me.
02-22-2010, 04:16 PM,
What's the density, Xeon?
02-25-2010, 03:13 PM,
Lots of people ask about the advantages of skin. The easy removal and attachment are great. No mirror slide which is sometimes needed with lace. Just swab the bottom of the unit with alcohol on a cloth and it's good to go. Nice job, Xeon, looks good.
02-28-2010, 06:31 AM,
which is the skin unit on the bases page? how much is it and how long does it usually last?
06-02-2010, 07:17 AM,
RE: Skin system pictures in natural lighting
Hi Xeon is that the tl400 ? ...or if you know toplace ?
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM,
honest I dont really remember. Its not the super super dooper thin skin but one that came right before it. Im not sure about what models are what, I always went by whatever was discussed on the forum at the time and went by those standards.

I just know it was not the brand new super thin skin type of units toplace has out now. Those should even be better, I think. But maybe attachment is more tricky with the super thin ones, Not too sure.

regards
06-02-2010, 10:12 PM,
Thanks xeon i think its the Tl400 psb then. Anyway you expose the hairline, are you totally happy with it ? how is the front in sunshine and does the base shine at all ? and how long has that unit lasted - is it still in good condition ?

I'm hoping to get a stock unit and i think toplace was referring to this one in stock. Just waiting for them to reply. I will be wearing it straight to a hot and sunny holiday.

Thanks
06-03-2010, 06:28 AM,
The unit seems to last quite well, but it is not injected. I am happy with the front appearance, but that is very subjective. Keep in mind not everyone feels that way. Some hate skin for the front. I think it depends a lot on how well your skin tone matches with the skin. When I first got a skin front I didn't care for it much, than after messing with it and using it more, I like it. At times the advantages are that there is no grid or lace pattern you have to worry about, and lighting does not seem too much of a factor if you can get it right.

The thing with skin is, If you put it to your own skin, when it is dry, it wont look that great, but soak it in water and put it on ur hand and it disappears amazingly well. The more translucent you can get it, the better it looks.
oh and one last thing, skin is not always easier, Its a misconception. It can be, but it depends on the situation or what kind of adhesives you are using.

If you want to use a strong tape with a super thinskin, it will be very difficult to remove it and is not recommended. If you use glue, than as where with lace u can squirt alcohol thru the lace holes and try to take the unit off with the glue on ur head, with skin, it def will stick to the skin and not your head most of the time, so than u have to spend some time cleaning the glue off the skin. the cleaning part might be easier or less harmful on the system because there are no lace holes, etc.

The best ways I have found to use a skin system, If you use a strong tape, Put scotch tape on the skin first, than put something like blue liner over the scotch tape. This gives a good hold, and very easy to remove with no residue.

Another thing is using got2b glued spike glue on the system, I get a sturdy base attachment and use this 9 out of 10 times.

sorry for writing a book. just wanted to share my thoughts,

regards
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM,
hey xeon good book Wink

i was thinking of using got2b glued at first so i can play around abit more then ill see how strong the bond is for me via some testing. At a guess i think the g2b glue will stronger with the skin system than the lace system. i guess ill have to read a bit and experiment with the removal. scotch tape and blue liner sounds good.

i read on here the scratchy sound is diminished - dont know how much if you used got2b glued to attach the odd sounding area namely the scalp i guess.

do you have the skin cut right up to the hairline ? regarding the wetness making the skin dissapear better maybe some gel over it cud help i dont know. also a guess.. if some extra was left infront of the hairline 1 -2 mm maybe that cud b thinned out further.

cheers