Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nex- Gen glue reaction
03-25-2009, 01:16 AM,
Nex- Gen glue reaction
(Debbie maybe you can chime in on this subject in regards to anyone else having this same issue)

Hello Everyone, has anyone in the last few months been having a Red inflamed reaction to their forehead like I have been getting with my Nex-Gen glue ? Up until a few months ago I loved this Glue and have been using it for a few years now....At first I thought I had a bad batch, but after ordering a new one I am still getting this red sore reaction from applying to my forehead, it would get to the point that when I would try and clean glue off of skin with my rubbing alcohol it would burn like hell !!! and believe it or not a little puss would come out.

I stopped using it for a week to let that area heal , which it did, but after trying it again, in a matter of one application it started right back up !!! I am thinking that my time has come and gone in regards to being able to use this glue, that my body cant fight this particular side effect anymore. I loved this product because it offered a fleshtone finish when it dried and a nice two day bond if I wanted to leave piece on for that long...which by the way was rare for me since I would normaly would take off every night.

Now please understand that I have read over the years on this forum that others had glues they liked and used but had to give them up because of side effects too...I am just curious if anyone else has been having this problem with Nex-Gen...Sorry about the Novel.
03-25-2009, 01:34 AM,
Re: Nex- Gen glue reaction
If others are having the same trouble, they havn't let me know about it. But I've seen the same scenario play out with others over the years. sometimes taking a break from it and using something else does the trick.....I would suggest trying the walker safe grip glue since you like the creamy white glue texture....and then maybe trying the other glue at another time down the road.
Or as you put it...maybe your time has passed with this glue...for now. I'm so sorry its not working out for you. email me and I can send you a sample of the safe grip if you want.
DebbieS.
03-25-2009, 03:43 AM,
Hello Debbie.....You have mail !!!
03-26-2009, 12:38 AM,
Would you consider attaching for maybe 5 - 7 days and see if that helps? I can imagine that the skin would not be happy with alcohol every couple of days and will eventually give out!
03-26-2009, 03:25 AM,
Cant begin to tell you how many times over the years I have had a glue work well for a while then all of a sudden it dont or gives me a rash or is itchy, You could try using a barrier like Scalp Protector or New Skin.
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM,
I use this glue and have no problems.
03-26-2009, 11:27 PM,
You could also try switching to i-glue. It's pretty much the same, and seems even less harsh. I've never heard of anyone having an issue with iglue Smile
03-27-2009, 06:26 AM,
Thanks for the input guys and Debbie,
Mr. burns I would love to be able to leave piece on for more then two days but my issue is, I have very weak sides and man it looks to obvious when I get up in the morning ( Which by the way is why I am looking into going full cap sometime soon) so I pretty much have been attaching on a daily basis and you are probably right, all that rubbing of alcohol at 91% on my forehead might have finally taken its toll.
B.A. I do think my time has come that I must try a different glue ( Debbie is kind enough to send me two samples of base bond and walker glue ) The thing I am going to miss the most on Nex-Gen is the Fleshtone color it offered, after it dried it blended in the skin so well, and I would never see white on my forehead even after sweating on the hottest day in the summer or showering like some other glues did. But all good things come to an end.

I might also try I-glue down the road ,and B.A. I will try using scalp protector and see what happens that way too.