Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manes in Maine
03-25-2009, 10:37 AM,
Manes in Maine
Hey all, I just wanted to give a shout out to Debbie and probably her mom for the killer job that they did on one of my older units. I sent a diagram of where I wanted hair added and it came back to me in a very short period of time looking as if it was brand spanking new. If I didn't know, I would have no idea where she added the hair. I will just say that if you have an older unit that is not totally shot, and you are a little light on the cash, Debbie can add hair to that old unit for a lot less than the cost of a new one. Best of all, it will look good and give you an inexpensive back-up until you can turn in enough empty pop bottles to buy a new one.
Thanks again Debbie,

Zappa
03-25-2009, 10:57 AM,
Re: Manes in Maine
ZAP...........FYI.......now a days there is no longer a deposit on pop bottles ! Big Grin

Can skin units be rejuvenated ?? My thinking they are not ?

Debbie is a nice young lady, met her at the Vegas Convention couple years back.

Her work is excellent and so is her mom's from what I read here.

Back in Rhode Island when I was a kid.........we were real hooligans ! Big Grin

Back in those days, pop bottles brought 2 cents each. This liquor store, stockpiled the empties out back in a wire fence enclosed area. One kid would climb the fence and throw the empties over, than we would take them around front to the same liquor store and cashed them in !! :oops:

johnny/ABQ
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM,
Johnny,
Only lace can have hair added---there's nothing Debbie or the factory can do to add hair to a skin unit.
Regards,
John
03-25-2009, 01:07 PM,
Zappa;
thank you so much!! My mom (the ventilator) will be thrilled with your happiness. She works so hard and loves revamping an old piece for customers....and most of all...she LOVES a happy customer.!
Johnny; here in Maine we still have deposits on soda bottles....and juice bottles etc., things must be different there in New Mexico Smile
and unfortunately,, no we cannot add hair to a skin type unit. only mesh/mono/lace etc. anything with holes in it that the hair can be knotted into.
Thanks again for your kind words, Zappa!
DebbieS.
03-26-2009, 03:21 AM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:Johnny,
Only lace can have hair added---there's nothing Debbie or the factory can do to add hair to a skin unit.
Regards,
John

Actually John thats not true, I probably never mentioned it to you , But I can get hair added to skin pieces.
03-26-2009, 08:42 AM,
Debbie.......things ARE different out here in NM vs. Maine !! Big Grin .....called "Modern Times" and pop bottle deposits
left with suede shoes and pegged pants ! :lol: .......I think I will be up in Maine this summer with a few of my ole childhood buddies.......do you know of any liquor stores, that store bottles out back ??...Might you have a tall ladder, by chance ??

WOW........BA says hair can be added to skin units !!! Hmmmmmm??

johnny/abq
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM,
Hey Johnny;
give me a shout when in Maine this summer!!!! Smile
DebbieS.
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM,
I love Debbie.She is a total hair expert.We are lucky to have her.I need to send her a unit for a hair add
next week.I am the king of putting things off.
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM,
Will do so if in fact make it up to Maine this summer Debbie.

What month in the summer are those pesky little black bugs out ,that bite with vigor.....or do I have Maine mixed up with New Hamshire ??

johnny/abq
03-28-2009, 04:58 AM,
unfortunately, the black fly season lasts pretty much all summer, but I think August may be the peak. then we have mosquito season....we joke that the mosquito is our "state bird". LOL
aside from them...it is beautiful here in the summer.
DebbieS.