Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question : life of a hairpiece when you're young
03-26-2009, 09:16 AM,
question : life of a hairpiece when you're young
Alright so i'm a student, 3 pieces a year is gravey i can afford that without it affecting my lifestyle. But after three it would hit me in the wallet most definately. Is that do-able when you're most likely living a very very active lifestyle?

Also how would a hairpiece cope in these situations -

Heading a soccer ball (has to be done when you play outfield!)

Foam party - dont really go looking for them but you do run into these in clubs every now and again

Sleeping on a sofa or going camping ( cant carry a satin pillow when you're stopping over at someones)

Paint balling! - it gets preety hot and gross inside one of them helmuts would the paint damage it or anything if some got on.

Being drenched in beer - alright so i cant say ive never had a beer fight when i was younger i hear alcohol is used as lace release would lower concentrations of alcohol effect the attachment lol?

Thanks in advance <3
03-26-2009, 10:41 AM,
Re: question : life of a hairpiece when you're young
All of those issues should be no problem...

The only things you have to worry about are:

1. Taking off a tight helmet. Just learn to move it slowly and consciously so you don't lift up an edge and peal it off. A strong bond will fix that problem.

2. The beer may leave quite a smell which may require some heavy shampooing, especially if the smell gets on the glue. If that happens, just remove, clean, and apply.
03-26-2009, 11:13 AM,
In any of those situations, you woud get wet, sweaty or dirty. Just like someone with natural hair. If your bond is secure (and they are) there would be no problem. I do not use a silk pillow case and I have never had a problem. When I get up in the morning, my hair is askew like someone with natural hair and I will sprits with water or a leavin in conditioner and comd it. The bond does not let go easily, if it is on right. Do you currently wear a piece?
03-26-2009, 02:04 PM,
Mate I am on the same boat in regards to headering the ball. I will be trying a HP at the convention for the first time and be looking to see which attachment works best for physical work outs.

Thin skin seems the way to go but with all the sweat stuck underneath it may be a problem.

I am thinking of having an all lace unit for casual wear and a thinskin or poly for soccer/football. What does everyone else think?

I play lots of football/soccer and I am always headering the ball. Match balls are hard and powerful. I don't think a glue attachment would be wise?
03-26-2009, 06:28 PM,
I've worn skin and lace. The bonds were strong on both styles. The only difference was the front hairline. Lace had a slightly more realistic hairline, but the bond loosens a bit easier. Lace front hairlines loosen in 2-4 days for me. Where as skin I could maintain the hairline bond for about 4-6 days.
03-26-2009, 10:36 PM,
James Kennedy - leave quite a smell?? So like if I didn’t get a chance to go home and wash it off and stopped over at someone’s I’d be smelling bad of a fusion of glue and beer? That sucks! Sad

Hairagain - I’m waiting for the convention in may to start wearing put it off long enough. I thought satin pillows were really important in prolonging piece value you see. How long does your hair last anyway on average …that’s a question for everyone btw: D

Downundersyd – idk anything about the bases but if a hair piece ripped or fell off during a match that’s something you cant socially recover from without being a walking joke lol. I’m just going to play on the wing if I don’t feel comfortable with hair and football!!
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM,
My hair lasts 4-6 months. I wash almost every day. Use the shampoos and conditioners recommended on this forum. I do have to get color touched up, at around 3 months. Wear a basball cap when out in the sun for a long period of time, hey its good for you skin too. I am expereienced with being somewhat gentle with combing and styling but you don't need to be afraid of hurting the piece either. I have never had an issue with lace becoming smelly. I reattach every 1-2 weeks and like I said I wash my hair when I shower in the mornings. I am sure a silk pillowcase will help with these but if you don't use one from time to time, this wont cause the hairpiece to explode! I am not a paticulary sweaty or oily person so that may be to my advantage. If you had natural hair and you did not wash it often, you would start to smell....... Is is human hair, and the lace base is secured firmly to your head. You will have tape or glue that is very flexable, strong, transparent and thin. The lace is like a piece of open woven fine meshy transparent matierial and it will wash too... I understand if you don't know what one is like, you must wonder how these things work....When you get one, you will understand that most of your worries will no longer be necessary.
03-27-2009, 05:03 PM,
hairagain, or anyone, can you really wash the hair everyday w/ shampoo and still have the bond last 1-2 weeks? Or does that ruin the color faster?