Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping brushes/combs clean
03-28-2009, 05:59 PM,
Keeping brushes/combs clean
Does anyone have any ideas on keeping brushes and combs clean? Combs are especially problematic to keep clean, especially when I clean the existing glue from my head by using desolvit and combing through the glue, and it gets stuck in the comb. I soak the comb and it still is a $#%@#$^$% to clean out.

Any ideas? I was wondering if that solution that is used in barber shops, etc. where they put the combs in (I think it's a disinfectant/germicide) would be the way to go?

Thanks for any advice!
Tina
03-29-2009, 03:02 AM,
Re: Keeping brushes/combs clean
the brush cleaners you see in salons are more disinfectant cleaners....they will not take out stubborn glue. you can use one of the glue removers (pure, desolvit, citrus solvent etc) and then use the disinfectants afterwards....but barbacide or disinfectant brush cleaners will do nothing to get glue out. I simply buy boxes of combs for under $2 each box of 12, and throw them away when they get all glued up.
DebbieS.
03-29-2009, 06:43 AM,
Re: Keeping brushes/combs clean
Spray the comb with adhesive remover and use a toothbrush to brush it out.

This also works great for getting adhesive out of hair along the edge of the base. Simply saturate the hair, lay it on a flat surface (or put your finger underneath) and use the toothbrush to gently comb and separate the strands of hair.