Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best way to remove glue from hp hair
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM,
best way to remove glue from hp hair
Say I did a sub-par attachment and got some glue stuck in the hairpiece hair near the lace base. After I remove the piece the hair is sticky and clumped together. How do I comb that out? Do I use pure and alcohol and just keep combing through it? I had this before and never got it out and always had a clumpy matted mess on the left side of my hairpiece.

Thanks!
03-31-2009, 04:21 AM,
Re: best way to remove glue from hp hair
I have found that soaking it for several hours, overnight if possible, in a bowl or container with De-Solvit or Goo-Gone is the only way to get most of it out. I don't like to do this too often. If it's just one small area, you might put some solvent in a small container like a pill bottle and submerge just the affected area - just stuff it in with your finger and wad up as necessary to keep it soaking.
03-31-2009, 05:41 AM,
I frequently get glue in the hair around the temples and nape.

All you have to do is soak the affected area with a little adhesive remover and brush it out with a toothbrush.

The toothbrush removes some of the glue but the main thing you are doing is separating the strands of hair so the shampoo can penetrate and remove the residue.
03-31-2009, 06:09 AM,
I spray a bit of remover in the hair, alcohol/lace release also works. Wait a few minutes and then carefully comb out the crud with a flea brush. I would suggest using a new one! You can pick them up at any pet supply store for a few bucks. For those who don't know they typically small and have metal combs that are very tightly spaced. I also find the comb great to make a dent in my head for a guide before applying glue to the front.