Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for it this week..
03-31-2009, 09:06 AM,
Going for it this week..
So my first piece arrives this week (hopefully) and i have a few remaining questions

Can you feel the shaved hair growing through/pushing the lace? Is this ever a problem near the hairline, and is it uncomfortable?

Is it fine to wash your real hair and your piece in the shower twice a week? Does the piece have to be cleaned separately, and if so - does the hair have to be 100% dry before re-attaching? If this is the case then you would have to let it dry over night, while not on your head, is this right?

cheers guys
03-31-2009, 11:13 AM,
Re: Going for it this week..
Your growing hair will not be a problem and it is not uncomfortable, you can reshave when you reattach.

I wash my hair and the piece every day which is bonded for 1-2 weeks

When you do take it off, you should dry the base with a blow dryer on low before you reattach. If the hair is damp, there should be no problem.
03-31-2009, 11:39 AM,
hairagain:

what do you use to get a 1-2 week attachment?
03-31-2009, 11:52 AM,
I use a white glue, which dried clear such as Dermatex for the front and super tape around the back and sides. I wiull run a strip down the center of white glue or tape, depends on my mood.... I wash my hair almost every day. I guess I am not oily and sweat a lot. I wear my hair a medium length, around 3.5 to 4 inches.
04-01-2009, 05:17 AM,
kite_boy Wrote:Is it fine to wash your real hair and your piece in the shower twice a week?
Does the piece have to be cleaned separately,
and if so - does the hair have to be 100% dry before re-attaching?
If this is the case then you would have to let it dry over night, while not on your head, is this right?

cheers guys

Yes, you can wash them in the shower twice a week, but to do this you should use a very strong tape or glue (ST30 tape or Ultrahold glue). I recommend washing once in the shower, and then the next time you need to shower - just remove the piece, and wash it on it's own. Then jump in the shower and wash your head Smile

Cleaning it separately seems to work best, and you feel nice and clean afterwards.

The hair does not have to be 100% dry, but the BASE does. The base will not stick very well unless it is dry. So dry it with a towel or fan.

Usually I let it dry overnight, but it can be done quicker if you need to. Just leave for 30 mins and it will be fine (after you come back from the shower).