Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time wearing in 2-3 weeks (full cap!), products needed
04-01-2009, 01:13 AM,
First time wearing in 2-3 weeks (full cap!), products needed
Hey guys, will be getting my full cap very soon, will be ready in a week or so and i'll get it around 2 weeks after that as i am in Australia.

The specs i ordered:

Quote:TL200 French Lace
Density: 65% all over / 62% density on temples (black marker on
template sent in)
Style: Freestyle
Length: 6 inch
Wave: Body Wave
Color: sent in (*1)

(1*)
35% colour 7 highlights all over added to my normal color.
60% color 7 highlights at front. (photo attached for example of highlight example on a short style)
(example of highlights and positions on a shorter hair style:
[Image: justin-hartley.jpg]

Now guys, i'm trying to get together all the products i need for attaching, removing, maintaning cololor and shine etc.

I wanted to go with ST30 attachment, but seeing as its not available right now i'm not sure what to use??

So far i've put these on my to buy list:

- Super Tape
- Fray Check (front hairline for lace stick down)
- Blue Serum
- Paul Mitchell WaxWorks Medium Hold
- Satin Pillow Case
- Shower Filter

What else should i be buying guys for attaching and removing my piece as a first time user?
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM,
Re: First time wearing in 2-3 weeks (full cap!), products needed
You've covered most of the essentials. I prefer Walkers No Shine tape at the front. You may also want to invest in a little glue, sometimes it's useful even when you're using mostly tape. Lace Release and /or 99% alcohol are worth having. And a decent alcohol/sulphate free shampoo.
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM,
Re: First time wearing in 2-3 weeks (full cap!), products needed
You also might want to pick up-

-a small pair of scissors and/or triangular shaped craft knife blades to trim the base

-some concealer to temporarily cover "oopsies"

-some butterfly clips to hold the hair back when you are doing attachments (especially until you develop your attachment method)

-Ultrahold and a white glue

-a few more types of tape to experiment with, especially blue liner

-plastic syringe(for dispensing alcohol) spray bottles (for alcohol/water,etc.), absorbent headband,

As Traco said, you will also need alcohol, a good shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner isn't as critical but be careful which sulfate free shampoo you buy. Most of them I have tried in the past were horrible for hairpieces. One thing to note though- don't worry about the alcohols in shampoo. I have yet to see any "bad" alcohol in one. They are mostly fatty alcohols which are actually good for the hair.

Also, I would have some leave-in conditioner laying around. I hardly ever use straight water to wet except to wash the hair. I always spray with leave in to re-style and right before removing to act as a buffer against the alcohol.