Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I go Grey? Want to Stop Coloring Hair
04-01-2009, 05:16 AM,
How Can I go Grey? Want to Stop Coloring Hair
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any input. I'm 35 and I'm pretty grey. Well I'm really grey. I color my hair but pretty much want to stop doing that. What's the best way to accomplish this?

- How do I go grey considering I color my hair now and my TL has no grey in it?
- How do I provide BA with the correct color since I don't have a grey sample to send him?
- So many questions on how to do this.

Has anyone done it and can share their experience?
04-01-2009, 12:55 PM,
Re: How Can I go Grey? Want to Stop Coloring Hair
funandsum Wrote:Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any input. I'm 35 and I'm pretty grey. Well I'm really grey. I color my hair but pretty much want to stop doing that. What's the best way to accomplish this?

- How do I go grey considering I color my hair now and my TL has no grey in it?
- How do I provide BA with the correct color since I don't have a grey sample to send him?
- So many questions on how to do this.

Has anyone done it and can share their experience?

Get a colour ring and pick the colour and grey percentage from that, Sorted.
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM,
Re: How Can I go Grey? Want to Stop Coloring Hair
The problem is you don't know what the natural colour of your hair is (or rather the natural mix of colours) until you let it grow out for at least a couple of weeks. But you can't let it grow out for a couple of weeks, because then there is an obvious line of demarcation between your real hair and your wig.

My suggestion is to get a new blond hairpiece and put it to one side. Then take a 3 week long vacation on which you don't wear your usual piece. Wear a ballcap instead, and let your hair grow out. At the end of the vacation get a short haircut on your real fringe hair, cutting off all the dyed ends. Then buy some hairdye and dye the blond hairpiece to match your real (grey) haircolour. In a few weeks you will have grown enough natural grey hair to get a new Toplace piece in your natural colour.