Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time attaching myself...
03-20-2018, 06:10 AM,
First time attaching myself...
So I got a custom system which I had installed and cut-in by a local hair replacement business. I've since then taken it off and now I'm having a hell of a time reattaching. Anyone have any sort of advice or tricks to getting this done right? Every attempt results in one side being slightly off. I'm using tape for the sides/back and ghost bond for the front (though I haven't even gotten that far since I keep butchering the sides). Any insight would be very much appreciated!

I'm also slightly unsure of my cleaning proceeder. I've been using an adhesive remover to release the system and also applying some after to the base which I let sit. Then I go at it with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. As for my scalp, I wash it with bar soap after removing the residue. Is that sufficient for a good bond? I've heard of guys using rubbing alcohol but I don't want to be that harsh on my skin.

Please help me out here!
03-21-2018, 06:39 AM,
RE: First time attaching myself...
(03-20-2018, 06:10 AM)BlackSheep Wrote: So I got a custom system which I had installed and cut-in by a local hair replacement business. I've since then taken it off and now I'm having a hell of a time reattaching. Anyone have any sort of advice or tricks to getting this done right? Every attempt results in one side being slightly off. I'm using tape for the sides/back and ghost bond for the front (though I haven't even gotten that far since I keep butchering the sides). Any insight would be very much appreciated!

I'm also slightly unsure of my cleaning proceeder. I've been using an adhesive remover to release the system and also applying some after to the base which I let sit. Then I go at it with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. As for my scalp, I wash it with bar soap after removing the residue. Is that sufficient for a good bond? I've heard of guys using rubbing alcohol but I don't want to be that harsh on my skin.

Please help me out here!

There is something I use called "adjust a bond" you spray it on your scalp and it gives you about a minute to get it positioned right and then the attachment bonds. its great. I think you could probably use rubbing alcohol and it will do the same thing, but I just prefer this stuff
03-21-2018, 11:15 AM,
(03-21-2018, 06:39 AM)thomasgrn Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 06:10 AM)BlackSheep Wrote: So I got a custom system which I had installed and cut-in by a local hair replacement business. I've since then taken it off and now I'm having a hell of a time reattaching. Anyone have any sort of advice or tricks to getting this done right? Every attempt results in one side being slightly off. I'm using tape for the sides/back and ghost bond for the front (though I haven't even gotten that far since I keep butchering the sides). Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Please help me out here!

There is something I use called "adjust a bond" you spray it on your scalp and it gives you about a minute to get it positioned right and then the attachment bonds. its great. I think you could probably use rubbing alcohol and it will do the same thing, but I just prefer this stuff

I had seen that when I was ordering all of my products and I regret not adding that to my cart at the time! I'll try getting my hands on some. Thank you for the reply!
03-24-2018, 11:16 AM,
I do everything myself, attachment included. Have done so since day one. I attach the back first. It's probably not ideal though.
03-24-2018, 05:48 PM,
what i do when i wear lace with tape is.......do the taping around the perimeter, minus the front if gluing....peel and fold back the paper backing at the end of each piece of tape.....i mark the hair line by making indentations with a comb where the hair line will be....i line up the hair line with those markings.....then you flip back the hair piece about half way.....now you line up the sides of the piece with edges of where it will be secured....double check the hair line placement by flipping forward again...once youre comfortable its placed properly flip it back....again make sure the edges of tape are still properly aligned now you peel off one of the sections of tape from each side and secure....work your way around the whole piece and then finaly apply glue up to where the indentations are and secure the front once cured....
that should solve your alignment problem......i just hope it makes sense
btw there is no need for adjust a bond...its just over priced alcohol with a scent and some color...biggest rip off
03-31-2018, 08:24 AM,
(03-24-2018, 11:16 AM)Jimmyneutron Wrote: I do everything myself, attachment included. Have done so since day one. I attach the back first. It's probably not ideal though.

I've actually been doing it like this as well. Easier to see where it's going.
03-31-2018, 08:27 AM,
(03-24-2018, 05:48 PM)lovehair Wrote: what i do when i wear lace with tape is.......do the taping around the perimeter, minus the front if gluing....peel and fold back the paper backing at the end of each piece of tape.....i mark the hair line by making indentations with a comb where the hair line will be....i line up the hair line with those markings.....then you flip back the hair piece about half way.....now you line up the sides of the piece with edges of where it will be secured....double check the hair line placement by flipping forward again...once youre comfortable its placed properly flip it back....again make sure the edges of tape are still properly aligned now you peel off one of the sections of tape from each side and secure....work your way around the whole piece and then finaly apply glue up to where the indentations are and secure the front once cured....
that should solve your alignment problem......i just hope it makes sense
btw there is no need for adjust a bond...its just over priced alcohol with a scent and some color...biggest rip off

I haven't had much luck starting from the front. I've managed to get it pretty close starting in the back. My skull has a slight bump in the back that I use as a reference point lol

I noticed that when looking at the ingredients for Adjust A-Bond. So if I just throw some alcohol in a spray bottle I should get the same results right?
04-30-2018, 07:01 PM,

Please help me out here!

My method has worked for me with 100% perfect precision, however does take more time.

Put two squares of hairpiece tape down on your head at the top but slightly front of your head. Without applying pressure, position your piece and keep adjusting it till it's perfect. Then push down hard on the tape.

From here, you have it anchored. Now you can glue down the back half. Once that's done, it's locked in. Just take off the tape squares and glue the front.

Of course if you use a Ultra Thin Skin, I'm not sure if the tape would work. If someone has tips on how to use temporary tape that you can take off a UTS without damaging, please let me know!