Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still looking for a stylist for cut in LA or San Berdo
11-22-2017, 04:26 PM,
Still looking for a stylist for cut in LA or San Berdo
Hi,

I am still looking for a new stylist for a cut in for when I order my new piece.

Any one know of anyone in the San Fernando valley, the Los Angeles area , San Bernardino Area or some where in between?

Some on in here listed that they found mobile people in the L.A. area but I have found no such listings online.

Anyone??
11-24-2017, 03:45 AM,
RE: Still looking for a stylist for cut in LA or San Berdo
Here you go:

F&T hair salon
3165 1/2 Los Feliz Blvd
Los Angeles, Ca 90039
Phone 1-323-668-1014
11-27-2017, 10:45 AM,
I went from zero stylists to finding about 4. I went to all the hair salons internet homepage in my area and sent them a message from their contact page. several replied saying they do them and all under 50 bucks. you might want to try it if your still having trouble finding one.
12-05-2017, 07:48 AM,
(11-27-2017, 10:45 AM)thomasgrn Wrote: I went from zero stylists to finding about 4. I went to all the hair salons internet homepage in my area and sent them a message from their contact page. several replied saying they do them and all under 50 bucks. you might want to try it if your still having trouble finding one.

Did you find Stylists in the greater LA area who do cut ins for $50??

F&T quoted above charges $150.
12-13-2017, 12:35 PM,
(12-05-2017, 07:48 AM)Floriduh Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 10:45 AM)thomasgrn Wrote: I went from zero stylists to finding about 4. I went to all the hair salons internet homepage in my area and sent them a message from their contact page. several replied saying they do them and all under 50 bucks. you might want to try it if your still having trouble finding one.

No I don't know about any stylist in LA. I would never pay over 50 bucks for a cut in. Many people do and they look great, but that's just something I cant bring myself to do. I will do it myself first. Hell, the best cut in I had the stylist only charged me 12 dollars, but she moved. She was great!! especially with buzz cuts and blending.
12-15-2017, 07:06 AM,
Based on what they actually do... the cut-in is not worth $150. They are very nice people and made my first cut in a good experience. But Jesus is it expensive.

(12-13-2017, 12:35 PM)thomasgrn Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 07:48 AM)Floriduh Wrote:

No I don't know about any stylist in LA. I would never pay over 50 bucks for a cut in. Many people do and they look great, but that's just something I cant bring myself to do. I will do it myself first. Hell, the best cut in I had the stylist only charged me 12 dollars, but she moved. She was great!! especially with buzz cuts and blending.
12-18-2017, 07:09 AM,
Thank you guys for the info.

Finding a good stylist who won't mess up the unit and Won't charge an arm and a leg is an issue.

I came across a stylist in Burbank, who anted $200 (because she didn't sell me the unit and "couldn't afford to cut units she didn't sell and would go out of business" and hemmed and hawed about guarantying she wouldn't mess up the unit, saying "we can always add hair back into the unit" she charged $2,000 for a unit that she would discount to $1,500 and only charge me $100 for the cut in. I wanted to laugh in her face, but politely just chuckled and said no thank you. The hair piece was actually not even close to the toplace hairpiece.

I recently had a friend tell me he just paid $425 in Woodland Hills for a cut in.He has a very simple hair style that would take nothing to do . He has the money so he does it. Me personally I want someone who actually can do a better job than the one he got. These people need to be out of business for the b.s. they pull.
12-18-2017, 07:14 AM,
So Floriduh, you actually used F&T?

[quote='Floriduh' pid='45240' dateline='1513278376']
Based on what they actually do... the cut-in is not worth $150. They are very nice people and made my first cut in a good experience. But Jesus is it expensive.
12-25-2017, 02:50 AM,
Yes I have been to F&T. It's the only place I've been so I can't say if their work is better or worse than average. I have a simple style and felt like $150 is a bit much for what they do. I couldn't imagine paying twice that.

There was to be someone in SoCal who will do a cut-in for less than 150!

The only other thing is looking into "mobile stylists" who will come to your home to do a hair cut. There are some who will do it for $100. Just need to find one who is comfortable with systems.

(12-18-2017, 07:14 AM)Yuleb224 Wrote: So Floriduh, you actually used F&T?

[quote='Floriduh' pid='45240' dateline='1513278376']
12-29-2017, 07:26 PM,
Does anyone actually tip these "stylist" when they charge $150.00 ??