Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A way to revive the softness to an old hairpiece
04-30-2009, 03:39 PM,
Re: A way to revive the softness to an old hairpiece
JRob Wrote:Baking soda is high pH. It opens the cuticle.

This makes the hair softer, but it is also what makes it lose color.

Definitely use sparingly.....

Just rinse well with water, then with vinegar and then rinse that out with water.
Problem solved.... Smile

As some people here know, I've always said that one of the quickest ways to fade a unit is by shampooing it often. Even BA has said before that there really isn't a need to wash the unit as often as so many here seem to.
I rarely shampoo mine after the initial shampoo.
I get 9 months to a year wear out of then with very little fading and no shedding to speak of and hardly no lace fraying.
I've going to post up a link, on a new thread, from MSNBC.com regarding shampooing hair (a persons real, natural hair).There are more and more people who don't shampoo at all and there hair is much more healthy looking and feeling compared to when they use to shampoo.
There just isn't any reason to shampoo.
Rinsing with baking soda, followed by vinegar (if desired) and the hair stays remarkable.

Smile
Fred

Messages In This Thread
Re: A way to revive the softness to an old hairpiece - danger!!89 - 04-30-2009, 03:32 AM
Re: A way to revive the softness to an old hairpiece - FredTJ - 04-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Re: A way to revive the softness to an old hairpiece - danger!!89 - 04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Re: A way to revive the softness to an old hairpiece - danger!!89 - 05-01-2009, 07:08 PM