Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!, I could use some advice.
02-24-2010, 09:02 AM,
Re: HELP!, I could use some advice.
Hey, guy.

Thought I'd chime in. I started wearing hair when I was 19. I had an operation at 21 that pretty much scarred up my head. So, wearing is less an option and more a necessity for me.

I remember a time when I thought I'd die of embarrassment if someone found out. I've always been pretty meticulous about my hair (my hair providers would probably use the word "anal" Smile). The guy who has cut my hair over the past several years paid me a compliment, recently. He said I pushed him to make the product and his technique better, which helped his other customers. Like I said, "Anal".

Anyway. I met a beautiful woman who would become my wife. We were both in the media, so I wasn't intimidated that she was a newscaster, but I struggled with the hair thing. We moved in together after about 6 months. When that happened, I sat her down on the couch.

" I've got to tell you something."

" What?" Her eyes were already big.

" It's nothing that would affect you. It's about me."

"What?"

As I struggled to tell her my biggest secret, I saw her face relax and then tense again: " Is that ALL?" she asked, breathlessly.

" Uh-huh."

And then she sort of laughed. Apparently, in her mind, a number of other horrors preceded a hairpiece on her boyfriend.

From that, and simply by growing older (I'm now 47) I've learned it's not really a big deal unless it is to you. I don't go down the street with a bullhorn announcing that I'm wearing. On the other hand, I know that secrets dig at you and if it comes to a point where someone knowing worries me too much, I'll sit them down and tell them. And here's what has happened.

I'd say 9 out of 10 were surprised. The other suspected, but wasn't sure. You can't fool all the people all the time. Smile If it's a choice between telling them and fretting whether they know 24 hours a day, I think the 1st option is much better.

I will tell you that someone close to you won't give a rip. You'll be fine. Smile

Messages In This Thread
HELP!, I could use some advice. - jagm0618 - 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Re: HELP!, I could use some advice. - JRob - 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Re: HELP!, I could use some advice. - knockahoma - 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM