Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about crown partial / topper
01-15-2018, 08:33 AM,
Questions about crown partial / topper
Hello!

I´ll be ordering a custom crown partial / topper as soon as I figure out the specs.

I´m a 23 year old man. My hairline is still decent looking, except some slight recession, and the hair in front is probably a medium/light density. However, a relatively small area in the crown is very thin, which of course I would like to do something with. As for right now, I am using Toppik, but I am getting tired of all the mess that comes with it. For example, I can´t spend nights at a girls house because the concealers comes off on the pillow... I believe a hair system will be a better solution.

I´m using minoxidil and keto-shampoo on the whole top of my head to try to maintain what is left. When I get my system fitted, I´ll continue to use the treatment except for the area where the hair piece is.

Some questions:

- Is a crown topper easier to "live with"/maintain than a system for the whole top of the head? I´ll not have to worry about the hairline, but perhaps the blending will be more difficult?
- Should I make a mark for the crown on my template? Or just have it freestyle?
- I work out 4-5 times a week (mostly running). Therefore, it will probably be most practical with a lace base. However, I think I can live with a bit more heat during workouts if a thin skin lace looks more realistic. Does Toplace carry different skin tones for the base, or is it transparent so that it doesn´t matter?
- Does anyone on the forum use a crown topper? If so, I would very much appreciate to hear your experiences.

Every answer is highly valued!

Messages In This Thread
Questions about crown partial / topper - Pete_897 - 01-15-2018, 08:33 AM