Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May you brush wet hair? If not, why not?
01-03-2018, 10:39 AM,
RE: May you brush wet hair? If not, why not?
Thank you, John Smile
However, you saying brush neither wet or dry leads me to the following question: I've read a lot of times that one should "brush your hair as often as possible [not referring to wet or dry though] to strengthen the knots again which are said to become loose throughout the days and weeks plus pretend the hair from even starting to tangle. Those guys where talking about several times a day [supposingly in dry state]. About dry hair brushing oftentimes to give no chance to tangle, I could almost verify this from my personal experience, but I'm not a pro.

So, you stick to not brushing at all, even when using a brush with coated ball-ends (this is what I use). Today a brand-new (silky, untangled) wig arrived here (14 inches, wavy) and I tried to just "bath" it in shampoed water for like 10 minutes and then just rinse it and drop into a towel. Although it was brand-new (and I hadn't brushed) the hair directly started tangling heavily :/ A waited a bit until the hair got towel-dry and then carefully first tried a wide comb working my way up from the tips to the root, but always got stuck. Then I tried (again extra carefully) with a brush and now it's drying untangled... for the MOMENT, this seems nice, but I'm afraid that the tangling issue will come again after some weeks: The one thing I've changed so far is NOT brushing when dripping wet, only when towel dry... hm... :/

Messages In This Thread
RE: May you brush wet hair? If not, why not? - LongHairGuy - 01-03-2018, 10:39 AM