Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am close to taking the plunge! But need some assistance please
04-19-2017, 03:24 PM,
RE: I am close to taking the plunge! But need some assistance please
: $175 plus tax for the first cut in, this includes anything needed to be done for the system to customize it for myself after that each visit is $90 which includes a hair cut, removing the system, cleaning the system and my head and needed coloring

That's pretty steep compared to what I paid in Ann Arbor, but I have no idea what a quality salon in NYC typically charges.

: does it get extremely itchy when you have the unit on with the glue/tape?

No, you shouldn't even be able to feel it. I'm more cognizant of my contact lenses than my hair system.

: does it start to smell as the hair grows in etc?

Mine hasn't.

: What happens in the pool, if you go tanning, sweat at the beach, shower etc?

If you shampoo with hot water, it will tangle, and also weaken the adhesive and shorten the life of the bond, but cold/cool water is fine (keeping it clean by shampooing under cold water every few days actually seems to prolong the life of the bond). Sweating is fine, the only issue that I've had is that when I'm really soaking wet the hair tends to get stuck to the lace at the front hairline. Normally I wear it up at the front, but when I'm playing tennis I brush my bangs forward slightly so it isn't noticeable if that happens, or if the edges of the lace lift a little.

: Also here are a few hair styles I was considering, please let me know if these are even possible with a unit, I am sure we have all had celebrities in mind, lol.

That fade is possible, but very, very difficult. A professional might be able to give you that look, but it will take a LOT of practice & learning before you're able to do a clean, undetectable attachment yourself with that style. Another drawback is that you'd need to get the sides trimmed regularly...like, every 7-10 days, unless you buy 2 or 3 units and cut them for the same style, varying the length, so that you can swap them as your hair grows. Super high-maintenance.

The Beckham picture is doable, but I'd suggest you get it cut a little longer your first time.

The Segel picture is great. Very, very easy to blend the piece into that cut, and it will still look good/natural after a few weeks of growth. I'd strongly recommend starting with this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am close to taking the plunge! But need some assistance please - Jeff54689 - 04-19-2017, 03:24 PM