Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help/advice with first system(pics included)
05-25-2016, 04:57 PM,
RE: help/advice with first system(pics included)
Good. You should be excited. I know that starting out wearing can be really stressful for people. The best advice I can give is to just go for it. Let's be honest, what do you have to lose? Just ask a ton of questions. Even if they seem silly or basic, everyone is here to help. We're all in the same boat. I would also HIGHLY recommend getting two pieces on your first order. The added security of having a backup piece, especially when you first order, cannot be understated. And when it comes to getting a hairline like mine there are two factors. First, is the piece itself. Graduated single knot hairline. Second, the trick is using enough glue to make the lace disappear. They usually recommend 2-3 layers but I find 4 thin layers works best. When the lace is pressed down into the glue, the glue fills in the spaces in the lace and it all but disappears. You'd have to use a bright angled light and a magnifying glass to see the lace on my hairline. Also, I don't do threethe whole making your head an eye liner pencil and what not. I use a landmark on my forehead. I have a very fine natural line and I just put the glue about 2mm above that. When you're attaching your piece you can see where the glue starts and I place the lace about half a millimeter above that so a little of the glue is exposed past the hairline. I attach the hairline first and then flip the piece forward. One thin layer of glue I the poly and a thin layer on my scalp only on the perimeter where the poly attaches and then I roll it back attaching the sides and then the back. Then I use a little Adjust-a-bond to clean up the hairline. This works better than alcohol. The alcohol will permanently destroy the bond of the glue because it breaks it down. The Adjust-a-bond softness the glue and allows you to wipe away the excess. And it's ok to get on the glue in the lace because when it dries the bond of the glue returns to normal with no reduction of strength.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help/advice with first system(pics included) - AmericanJambo - 05-25-2016, 04:57 PM