Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crown-Partials? - and some other questions
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM,
Crown-Partials? - and some other questions
Hello community,

i am not wearing a hairpiece now, but i am planning ahead for the future to be ready for it:-)

As for my current status: i am thinning on top, but also my sides and back have gotten thinner. so i have to take measures that will fit with these thin bio-hair. On my father and my older brother i can see they kept side hair, but it has gotten thinner too. It does not look "abnormal", it is simply thin sides.
(Something else i would like to add here, since i know that density and bio-hair is an important concern for many wearers: i see many men (young and old) who have very thin sides while not having any sign of male hairloss - a full NW1 status, but the sides and back thin. Nothing abnormal. I think, wearers often think too much about "perfectionism" and forget the great diversity in which hair appears in the human race.)

Since i do not want to wear full-caps, i have to get some sort of a Topper-solution.

Before you tell me that there is "no way around fullcaps if my side-hair is thin", you have to know what i am looking for: I DONT want a full NW1 head of hair and even more important: i DONT want a fully restored front hairline. My biggest issue is the crown-area. As long as i can have a (smaller-sized) partial that fits the crown-area of my head and covers it with a normal amount of hair, i am happy. My front is thinning (slightly receding). My hair on top is not completely disappering, its just getting very very thin. So biggest wish is, to have a low-density crown piece, that somehow gives a good transition to my back and sides and also to the mid- and front-section of my scalp.

So my questions here are:

1. Are Hairpieces that cover only my crown area possible?
2. If yes, are they "less of a hassle" because i dont have to deal with a front hairline and maybe even cheaper (because smaller in size)?
3. What is the lowest density in hairpieces and what are the problems about it?

4. Does anyone here use crown-partials and/or pieces with very low density?

TL-DR:
I want a hairpiece with low density for my crown only. My receding and thinning front doesnt bother me as much. Is this possible? And will it be less of a hassle since i dont have to deal with the front hairline above my face? Is anyone here, who uses something similar?

Thank you for listening and have a nice day.
Daniel

Messages In This Thread
Crown-Partials? - and some other questions - DaDaniel - 05-04-2016, 09:16 AM