Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I`m back in Topper-land ! [Photos]
12-17-2015, 05:59 AM,
I`m back in Topper-land ! [Photos]
Have waited many months to reveal the ``new`` me..today`s the day !
As most readers know, I`ve worn Fullcaps for a long time.......early this year, I was noticing tape-shine /visibility through the lace, in strong sunlight..... it`s one of those issues associated with wearing.
Instead of shaving my head regularly, I allowed the hair to re-grow, as I intended to use ` Got2b glued` spiking glue for my bonds, for the reason that it doesn`t shine once dry and it`s SO easy to apply and remove.
It sticks / holds better to stubble / short underlying hair, than to bare scalp-skin.
I noticed that my own hair was still pretty ` good` at the [vital] temples areas, but quite thin / wispy at the back in particular .....I began to wonder if it grew down, over time, could I transition back to topper-wearing.
I got scalp pigmentation done at the back /nape area [will post photos in a separate thread in the next few days] ..this is different to tattooing in that it`s like short paper-cuts in the skin, into which dark pigment then goes......now I would have a ` caution` about this in that [ pure speculation on my part] slicing through follicles could defeat the purpose ... I was wanting hair-growth but could be damaging it by slicing into the skin with a sharp blade ..... tattooing tends to be ` heavy` and like black `dots` on the skin...to me , this looks unnatural....this pigmentation looks more like short, growing, hairs, ` tight` in to the scalp...gives the illusion of hair ! It was reasonably expensive, but the [ Chinese ] lady who did it was very skillful...it didn`t hurt as such...mild discomfort / stinging afterwards but nothing too dramatic. I got it done over three visits to the salon. It`s not permanent...it can /does fade over time ...you can get anywhere from 12-18 months from it though....tattooing IS permanent.It can be ` topped-up` as you require though .....
I ordered two toppers recently ..they duly arrived ...wasn`t too happy with the color , despite sending them a hair-sample.. it wasn`t too far out, but wasn`t a good-match to my own ..... I got a tube of color and 6% peroxide and am happy now with it ......I`ve jumped a bit ahead of myself ... I hadn`t intended to do this [wear] them until early in new year, as my back hair is still not long enough in places ...another few weeks should be ok though ..... ordered one thin-skin [ the photos here are it] and one in lace ---that`s not been cut-in yet ...... I had this styled, on Monday of this week....
I don`t want to make a huge /long thread... I took a lot of photos today and during the pigmentation process a few months back ..... I`ll post them gradually over the next few days or so..... a few were taken with the flash on [today], hence a bit of ` glare` ...the light was fading this afternoon so I had no choice......in the second one, the unit is just sitting on my head, and the hair is damp, hence the ` difference` between my own.....anyway.... I could go on and on but hopefully, you can ` follow` my tale......feel free to comment /ask questions....... I`m also using a ` staining` / volumizing Mousse on my own hair behind the ears / at the nape, just to mask the lack of density,which will hopefully improve as the hair carries on growing down from the crown area but I hadn`t applied it in these photos, so you could see the reality......I`m very pleased so far ....

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
I`m back in Topper-land ! [Photos] - Paul In Ireland - 12-17-2015, 05:59 AM