Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a bit of help (photo)
10-04-2015, 08:50 AM,
RE: Need a bit of help
Hello Perks,

I believe that toppers are generally easier to pull off than partials. There are complications with partials that make it almost not worth it. I also believe that partials appeal to those with a less-deep Norwood hairloss pattern because of personal ego: "I'm not actually bald, just a little receeded.". However, I have found that partials are not dummy-proof (which a person like me needs).

See these pictures below. There are serious "tells" that I am wearing a partial system. Of course, a better hairwearer would have done a better job (for example, the system hair looks a bit damp), and the tells would not be as prominent if not in the direct sunset light (contrast due to no scalp reflection where system lies) or yellow bathroom lighting (contrast due to reddishness of HS hair compared to natural). In florescent lighting and regular daytime, the blend was undetectable.

I dont have a bald spot on my crown, but as you can clearly see, high(er) density system does contrast with my natural crown.

There are a lot of little points of concern with wearing a partial that leads me to believe that toppers are a better idea (disclaimer: i have no experience with toppers yet).

However, after all that I've said above, from looking at your pictures, you seem to have a much better density and quality to your hair than I, so a topper may work a lot better. Just thought I would share some technical issues I've had in the past.

Edit: pictures removed and posted to imgur instead: http://imgur.com/a/tHoNR

Messages In This Thread
Need a bit of help (photo) - Perks - 10-02-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Need a bit of help (photos) - Perks - 10-02-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Need a bit of help - Paul In Ireland - 10-04-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: Need a bit of help - EarlyTwenties - 10-04-2015, 08:50 AM
RE: Need a bit of help - Perks - 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Need a bit of help - EarlyTwenties - 10-04-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Need a bit of help (photo) - Perks - 10-10-2015, 03:28 PM