Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
05-15-2015, 07:16 AM,
RE: First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
Hi .... Just a few pointers you may find of help ......in relation to Ghost-bond adhesive.....I think that they have their own specific solvent to break it down fully .....I don`t think the ` normal` alcohol glue-melters are very effective against it ..... I`d imagine the Citrus-based solvents such as C-22, De-solv it etc might be more effective [less time -consuming] than trying to bust it with alcohol/s.
Alcohol is very drying on hair ....soaking hair in it is far from advisable..... I don`t even spray lace-release [Alcohol] from the original pump-action bottle..... I use an eye / ear dropper to apply it directly onto the lace ` above` the glue/tape ....the less of it that gets onto the hair the better I like it .....be patient with it....allow it time to work before trying to lift the lace free of the glue or tape/s ...if you feel resistance, just apply some more and wait ...it the bond will break and you can easily lift the system free of your head .
L`oreal shampoo /conditioner for colored hair is gentle enough, if you have no system-specific shampoo / conditioner to hand .....
You can use Got2bglued with a lace system with no issues at all ...just stand in the shower and allow the water to penetrate the lace ..this will break the bond, though sometimes some areas are pretty well stuck on and you [again] just need to be patient and allow the water to soak in, before removing the system.....you may notice white ` staining` on the lace from it .....just hold it under the running water inverted [lace-side up] ..` crease` the area affected, between the thumb and first finger ..then ` roll` or knead the area between the finger / thumb ....this will generally remove the white` stain` .......Got2b is great when you`re in a hurry .... the bond isn`t long-term and is affected by moisture such as profuse sweating or if you get caught out in really heavy rain ..however, in such situations, once you cool down or blot-dry the hair [after rain] the bond will return to ` good` again --- is far faster than applying ` normal `glues, where time is needed ... at least two layers of glue are normally required as a minimum, and you should usually allow 15 minutes drying-time, at least, between layers [including the final layer before sitting your system on]
Soaking the entire system [hair as well ] in Autoglym is fine ..doesn`t seem to affect the hair negatively at all.
Dryness is the main enemy of system hair ..anything you can do to keep it ` moist` is good .... I spritz daily with water and add a few darts of leave-in conditioner... frequent shampooing and sun-exposure will lift the colour and oxidise /dry the hair out .....in the case of toppers, this can lead to an obvious color -difference between your system and growing hair so go easy with the shampooings !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond - Paul In Ireland - 05-15-2015, 07:16 AM